Rock Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of friendly discussion about music and other interests

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)

Go down 
+2
tohostudios
Panzer
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2022 8:03 am

When are you going to have cataract surgery.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2022 8:10 am

I'm going to schedule it next month some time. I want to wait until I'm done with the retinal surgery I had done last week. I go back for the checkup on that the second week of May so once that's over with I'll start on the cataracts.

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2022 1:31 pm

How are the eyes recovering from the retinal surgery?

Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2022 2:39 pm

Praying for a quick recovery.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2022 5:20 pm

The retinal surgery was super quick. It took 10 times longer waiting for my eye to dilate than the actual laser treatment did. The procedure itself was weird. A bright green light. It wasn't painful (they use numbing drops in your eye) but it was still unpleasant. It almost felt like getting an electrical shock in the eyeball. But the whole procedure took about 3 minutes. When it was over I couldn't see anything at all for about 15 seconds but gradually I started to be able to make stuff out. By the time we walked out to the car I had my vision back.

This surgery didn't do anything to improve my eyesight; it was a preventative procedure to keep the hole in my retina from getting bigger and to "tack down" (the ophtamologist's phrase) the retina so it doesn't become detached. All this crap is a normal part of aging as the eyeball "shrinks".

Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2022 6:48 am

LOL getting older stinks but it beats the alternative. When my husband had lasik surgery I watched and how weird it was to see
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2022 9:37 am

My wife had laser eye surgery. They actually take a video of the procedure and give it to you on DVD.

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2022 10:56 am

The whole laser surgery thing is amazing to me. Before she started I asked the doctor what restrictions I would be under afterward and she said "None". I was like "By none you mean you can do normal stuff but don't exert yourself right?". She said no, do whatever you want. This was so quick there really wasn't anything to record on a DVD.

Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2022 1:54 pm

With lasik I believe they peel the layer off the eye. My husband could see but was sensitive to light and was in a little discomfort.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon May 16, 2022 7:18 pm

Here's the latest one. I ordered this without knowing it was only 500 pcs so it only took half the time. It was easy but fun because the picture is so cute.

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 20220510

Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue May 17, 2022 7:40 am

very nice
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2022 7:21 pm

Started this one next and it's going to be tough.  I already gave up doing the frame first because it's almost all solid black pieces.  I'm starting from the lighter colored parts of the leopard's face and hoping to work my way outward.

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 OIP

Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2022 3:46 pm

Eilene1015 wrote:
When are you going to have cataract surgery.

I'm scheduled for the right eye on 7/13 and the left eye on 7/26. I'm really anxious to get it over with; my vision has gotten really, really bad.

Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2022 7:46 am

Will keep you in my prayers..
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2022 11:32 am

That black is going to be difficult!

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2022 3:05 pm

It is. I've got most of the leopard done. As expected I had to start with the interior and work outward.
I love the picture tho; such an expressive face.

Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2022 5:21 pm

Eilene1015 wrote:
Will keep you in my prayers..

Thanks Eilene.  The surgery itself doesn't worry me too much but I have all kinds of angst about the aftermath.  There's all kinds of stuff you can't do and stuff you have to be careful about.  And you have to use prescription eyedrops 3 times a day for 4 weeks.  I think the worst part is going to be not being able to wash my hair for a week.  Before covid when I had a crewcut that would have been no big deal but since I haven't had a haircut in about 2 1/2 years and have a ponytail that between my shoulder blades, not being able to wash it is going to suck.  I bought some no rinse shampoo that you just rub in and towel off but that's obviously not going to be the same as good old water and shampoo.

Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 06, 2022 8:59 am

the dry shampoo works pretty well but i know where you are coming from..Greasy hair is gross
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2022 12:31 pm

Had the right eye done this morning. So far it's not really a big deal. I wasn't even very groggy with the sedation they used. I didn't feel anything but I wasn't out of it either. Now I'm sitting here with a clear plastic shield taped over my eye.

Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2022 8:22 am

hoping for quick healing and no pain.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2022 11:05 am

Went for the followup today.  Everything is normal.  My vision went from 20/100 to 20/30,  The biggest thing I notice is how BRIGHT everything is now.  The doc said the lens gets sort of yellowish as we age but it happens so slowly we don't notice.  Then when you replace that with a new synthetic, clear one you can see true colors again.  I compare it to how different things look depending on the lighting. With my left eye, everything looks like it's illuminated with a GE "soft-white" bulb.  But with my new right eye everything looks like it's under the fluorescent lighting of a lab. No pain at all so far; not even all that irritated feeling either. When I wore contacts I got sand under one one time and scratched the cornea. That pain was way worse than this.

Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2022 8:33 am

Great to hear you are doing so well.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2022 9:39 am

I even managed to fit in 7 or 8 more pieces of that leopard puzzle above. All I have left are solid black pieces but fortunately the shape of every piece is unique so you all you have to go by is that. My vision in the operative eye is so good now I'm actually looking forward to getting the other eye done in a couple weeks. I'll actually be able to get by without glasses unless I'm driving or working on the computer. This morning when I woke up and took the plastic eye shield off my eye I was actually able to read the bedside clock from the "new eye" for the first time in about 40 years.

Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2022 5:38 pm

Finished it today.
Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 20220710

Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2022 12:36 pm

thats great news with the eyes. So worth the operation when you feel or can see better.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2022 1:12 pm

Had the other eye done today.  This one is causing me a little more discomfort than the first one did.  Not unbearable, more annoying than anything else. The whole surgery didn't seem to go as smoothly as the first one did. I was more "aware" this time which I was warned might be the case because the anesthesia doesn't have as much effect the second time. It wasn't painful just uncomfortable.

Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2022 10:22 am

hoping you are on the mend now..
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2022 1:10 pm

Doing well but it's weird going without glasses. I drove to the followup eye exam with no glasses; first time I've been able to drive without glasses in about 50 years. It's weird to not have to grab them as soon as I jump out of bed or before I get into bed too.

Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2022 4:08 pm

I wear glasses since i was in my 30s.. I cant imagine not wearing them and its not as long as you..Glad you are doing so well
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2022 7:29 pm

I'll still need glasses eventually once my eyes have totally healed (probably around September) but they won't be a necessity like that have been for all my adult life. I'll just need them for distance - like when I'm driving in an unfamiliar area and will need to be able to read signs fast. But it's so cool to roll over in bed and actually be able to read the clock. WITHOUT having to pick it up and hold it up to my face.

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 25 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)
Page 25 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock Island :: Tropical Breeze :: Island Cabana-
Jump to: