Rock Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of friendly discussion about music and other interests

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)

Go down 
+2
tohostudios
Panzer
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 11:41 am

The outer areas were the most difficult.

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 5:43 pm

It's early yet but so far the eagle puzzle has been easier than I expected.  Got the frame together today in about an hour.  It took me almost 3 days to get the wolf puzzle frame assembled.

Looking back on it that wolf puzzle was really a lot of fun.  It was just about the perfect level of difficulty for me; hard enough to be challenging but not so difficult that it got frustrating.  Every day I worked on it I got just enough done to keep me coming back for more.

Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 9:36 am

It was so cool when we went to florida we saw an eagle. Never saw one in the wild..
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 11:44 am

There's a spot just across the Illinois/Missouri border that's a hot spot for eagles this time of year. The towns in that area have Eagle Watch days; you can see dozens of them as they winter here and grab fish out of the Mississippi River.

Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2020 8:50 am

Thats so cool..I love to see Nature like that..
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2020 9:09 am

It is really cool to see them grab fish out of the water.

Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2020 9:31 am

Not many eagles here in Nj
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 23, 2020 7:54 pm

onebigfish wrote:
It is really cool to see them grab fish out of the water.

Sort of like me snagging kosher gherkins out of the pickle jar.
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 8:40 am

Laughing

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 6:20 pm

Almost finished with the eagle puzzle.  I'm really impressed with the colors and images of this one.  Sunsout produced this puzzle, the wolf puzzle and two or three other ones I've done.  Quality products from that company.

onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2020 8:11 am

It's nice when they are printed well instead of grainy. It makes it much easier to identify pieces whenb they have just a little bit of color on them.

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2020 6:31 pm

Finished the eagle puzzle tonight.  It's really got a "glare-y" finish on the puzzle pieces so I'll try to take a pic in the morning with natural light. 

I wish I had a place to hang this one because the pic is beautiful but it doesn't really fit with my décor in either the upstairs or the downstairs spaces.  Plus I have precious little wall space left anyway.  

But the puzzle pic is absolutely gorgeous;  I hope the pic I take does it justice.

Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 8:14 am

Cant wait to see it
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 8:36 am

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Dscn0816

Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 10:58 am

Thats beautiful
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 4:38 pm

I collected stamps all the way through college.  I still have my collection although I don't actively collect anymore.  I started my collection with one of those ads that used to be in the back of comic books:"500 stamps for a penny..."  What you got in those deals was a bag of really common stamps still attached to their envelop corners and you got dozens and dozens of duplicates. 

That's what my next puzzle is; a collage of those kinds of stamp grab bags.  This puzzle looks exactly like what it looked like when you dumped out the bag:

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 1be15b27d7c4d6c1d7bac07f891cc94a

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 5:22 pm

Working on this puzzle is like a stroll down memory lane for me.  I remember a LOT of these stamps and being disappointed when the next "bag o' stamps" contained a dozen more of the same ones.  It's a great way to start a stamp collection and as a kid I was always drawn to the few colorful stamps in the mass of drab-colored queens, mustachioed old men and (even worse) stamps that just had a number on them.

Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 31, 2020 7:39 pm

I need to medicate just trying to look at the picture of that one!
Back to top Go down
Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 11:24 am

VEry cool collection..We started a coin collection for my grandson..
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2020 9:42 am

tohostudios wrote:
Working on this puzzle is like a stroll down memory lane for me.  I remember a LOT of these stamps and being disappointed when the next "bag o' stamps" contained a dozen more of the same ones.  It's a great way to start a stamp collection and as a kid I was always drawn to the few colorful stamps in the mass of drab-colored queens, mustachioed old men and (even worse) stamps that just had a number on them.

That's a neat story. I remember those ads at the back of comic books. I even used to collect a few stamps back in the day.

Side question, do you still have any comic books from back then? I have a few that I still have from the early 80s.

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2020 10:50 am

Nope. I threw them all out when I went to college.

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 05, 2020 10:52 am

And this stamp puzzle is tough because many of the same stamps are pictured more than once, very few are the entire stamp and they overlap each other and they're at all angles including upside down.

onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2020 8:38 am

That would make it pretty tough.

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 9:35 pm

Finished the stamp puzzle today:

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Dscn0817

Next up is a photo of a Bengal tiger.

Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2020 8:41 am

Again, I stand amazed.
Back to top Go down
Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2020 9:09 am

Thats great..
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2020 5:49 pm

After I finish the tiger the next one is going to be an interesting puzzle I ordered over the weekend.  It's a picture of 50 miniaturized, classic sci-fi/horror movie posters from the 30s, 40s and 50s. 

It includes a TON of black and white films I grew up watching on "Chiller Theater" and various other such shows.  Titles like "Earth vs The Spider", "Attack Of The Crab Monsters", "It Conquered The World" and a whole bunch more.  That one's going to be fun.

onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2020 12:16 pm

Got a picture of it?

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2020 6:17 pm

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 06719-Sci-Fi-Movie-Posters-Puzzle-Listing-Box-Image-1000x1000-1

onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2020 10:22 am

I misread your previous post and thought that all the posters were in black and white. At least you have some colors to work with.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)
Page 14 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock Island :: Tropical Breeze :: Island Cabana-
Jump to: