Rock Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of friendly discussion about music and other interests

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)

Go down 
+2
tohostudios
Panzer
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 8:21 pm

I am thinking of buying a printer and offset paper and making a few shirts. Now that I gotta get rid of most of my wardrobe, I am in the market for new stuff.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 8:49 pm

If you do, let me know.

I have a bunch of pics I'd like to get made into T-shirts.

Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2019 9:16 am

the puzzles are beautiful ..
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2019 6:20 pm

I was right, this new one is a bitch.

For one thing, the entire frame consists of nothing but solid blue pieces; no way to match them up other than the shape of each piece and with these weird shapes I'm not even sure which pieces are edge pieces.

And then there's the weird shapes of the pieces in general.  I've read several reviews where people actually assembled the middle sections first then expanded out to the edges.  I may do that too because assembling the cats first then building out seems like a better strategy than the usual "do the frame first" strategy I and most people use when puzzling. 

This one is definitely a challenge but in a different way than that 200 cats one I posted earlier was.  But that's what makes puzzles fun.

Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2019 10:43 pm

tohostudios wrote:
If you do, let me know.

I have a bunch of pics I'd like to get made into T-shirts.

Sorry, I missed this somehow. Sure, I will hook you up with whatever you want bro. Mail it right to your door too LOL.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 7:35 pm

Managed to piece together a few more sections of this puzzle today.  It's a real bear!

I've actually started trying to assemble the individual cats before finishing the frame because my hope is that I can build out toward the edges.  But these weird piece shapes are proving a real challenge.  Not sure if I'll finish this one but I'm not giving up just yet.

Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 30, 2019 10:03 pm

How often do you give up?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 2:35 pm

So far I've given up once and that was that puzzle of The Thing.

Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 7:15 pm

The Thing..... Um, My mind is racing trying to think of what thing you are talking about.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 7:32 pm

This one from the first page of the thread:

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 71%2BcovVeqwL._SX522_

It's based on the 1982 movie "John Carpenter's The Thing" - one of my all time favorite movies.

Look at that picture.  No real parts to start from; everything looks the same.  AND that one had weird-shaped pieces like the one I'm doing now has but I'm hoping the individual cats in this current one give me a starting point.  I've already gotten farther than I ever got with The Thing.  Although this current puzzle is requiring a different strategy because the entire frame is solid blue.  So I've assembled what I could of the frame then started on the cats in the middle.  I'm hoping to work my way outward once I get a few cats completed.

I also gave up on one decades ago (the last time I was into puzzles).  It was an egg standing on end against a white background.  Impossible.

Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 8:31 pm

Can't stop looking at that picture LOL. It's mesmerizing.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 9:06 pm

I love that movie.

It's about a scientific camp in Antarctica that comes across a centuries-old extraterrestrial that can change its cells to mimic any life form.  They keep catching it in the middle of transforming itself which results in a lot of gory scenes like the one in that puzzle.

Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2019 11:06 pm

OH MY GOD!!!!! I REMEMBER THAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!
I watched that a long time ago but I DO remember it now!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 02, 2019 5:32 pm

Well I've got the leopard and the white tiger head assembled.  This is like no other puzzle I've ever worked because between the weird shapes of the pieces and the fact that the entire frame is solid blue, I'm putting the interior together first and will work my way outward to the edges.

Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 12:03 am

With your patience you were born to be a Dad.
Back to top Go down
Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 3:41 pm

LOL
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2019 5:22 pm

It's funny how this puzzle goes in ebbs and flows.  When I started in on it today I wasn't getting much done, just a few pieces here and there.  Then all of a sudden a few pieces fell into place and in less than 5 minutes I got half of the lion assembled. 

But now here's the sucky part.  I need to rotate the puzzle because this one is taller than it is wide and it won't fit in my puzzle caddy unless I turn it sideways.  That means I have to move all the unassembled pieces aside than pick up sections of the assembled pieces and reposition them.   That's tricky with this puzzle because of the weird piece shapes.  If one or two fall out in the move process it's not easy to find where they go again.  That's already happened a couple times as I've joined assembled sections to each other. 

But this is going to be a beautiful puzzle; the colors are really vibrant.

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2019 9:04 am

You'll have to show us the finished product

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 8:47 pm

Thought I'd take an "in-progress" pic.  Here's where the latest puzzle stands after about another hour of working on it this evening:

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Dscn0617

Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 05, 2019 9:54 pm

That is going to be totally nice when finished!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 06, 2019 8:09 pm

Got the tiger's head put together today and attached to the backend of the leopard's body. 

I have a feeling that once I get the middle parts (all the cats) assembled and connected this is going to get real challenging because all that will be left are dark blue pieces and with the weird shapes it's going to take forever to get complete.

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 8:27 am

That is a nice-looking puzzle!

Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 9:23 am

Do they make One piece puzzles? I would end up losing the one piece.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 5:31 pm

That's always my worst fear when putting a puzzle together.  Spend all this time and effort putting it together only to find there's one piece missing at the end.  It's happened once so far but I think I found the piece underneath the assembled puzzle when I was taking it apart.  Guess I'll find out next time I put that one together. 

Got the tiger and some of the jungle plants assembled today.  That only leaves the head of the lion then I'm left with the background and frame (i.e., LOTS of dark blue pieces).  That's going to be  hard.

Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 8:12 pm

Here's where it stands now:

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Dscn0618

Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 07, 2019 10:35 pm

One of the recent sermons the associate pastor taught was on the body of the church being likened unto a puzzle. Everyone is a piece of the whole puzzle and if one person is missing, the puzzle is incomplete. Just thought I would share that.
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 5:02 pm

Back to the original  title of the post..... It is Sunday.... and it is creeeeeepy silent in here.
Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Creepy10
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 6:25 pm

It's always "creepy silent" in here on weekends because people like Eilene only log in from work and OBF is always off on some new fishing excursion.

Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 09, 2019 7:17 pm

And I have Church 3 times on Sunday. I should be cleaning the rest of the day but .... Naaaah
Back to top Go down
Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 10, 2019 8:40 am

Puzzle looks great and I love seeing the progress
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)
Page 3 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock Island :: Tropical Breeze :: Island Cabana-
Jump to: