Rock Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of friendly discussion about music and other interests

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)

Go down 
+2
tohostudios
Panzer
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2019 6:07 pm

Finished it. 

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Dscn0614

Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2019 6:10 pm

That one was just about the right degree of difficulty.  It took me about 2 weeks to complete working an hour or two at a time but after every session I felt like I'd accomplished something.

Started the next one and finished the frame already but this one is going to be a bear.

It's about 100 one inch high or long images of cats and kittens against a white background.

Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2019 11:27 pm

Very nice. I am still amazed at a persons patience with such and endeavor.
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 8:41 am

I need to find me one with a giant sailfish!

Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 9:10 am

onebigfish wrote:

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 SAILFISH_Puzzle_300x300
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 3:19 pm

lol!

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 6:28 pm

Dude, if that were a 1000 piece puzzle it would be difficult as hell. 

Here's the new one I'm working on and it's been really difficult:

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 811NgWt2e0L._SX679_

Nothing like about 100 one inch high photos of random cats against a white background...

Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 7:07 pm

That would fry my brain in the first ten seconds.
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 9:01 am

Laughing

Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2019 9:46 am

I do not think at the moment I could even pick up a puzzle piece because of the nerve damage in my fingertips. Its hard to use the key at my door to get in.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 6:04 pm

Finished it.  

This one was the hardest but most fun puzzle yet.  Over 200 photographs of kittens and cats against a white background.  AND...all the pieces had the same basic shape with two "ears" on opposite sides and two "notches" on the other opposite sides.  Took me about 20 - 25 hours total or so but there were a lot of neat little touches to the picture that I discovered as I was putting it together.  Like the cats on either side of the one wearing bunny ears staring up at the ears.  Or the cats in the row below the plate of donuts staring up at the plate above.  Or the one, lone puppy in the whole thing.  It was a blast to put together; next time I think I'll put it together on top of wax paper so I can glue it together when I'm done.

Last edited by tohostudios on Wed May 22, 2019 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 6:05 pm

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Dscn0615

Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 8:08 pm

Started this one tonight and managed to get the frame put together and most of the tiger's whiskers.
Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 91DoG0S2NXL._SL1500_

Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 8:13 pm

onebigfish wrote:

They're out there on Amazon OBF but they're pretty pricey.  There are several Godzilla puzzles I've been considering that are in about the same $50-$60 price range but so far I can't bring myself to spend that much on one. 

But I have a feeling eventually I will.

Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 8:16 am

wow you must have alot of patience to do them..
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 10:15 am

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Small_10Patience is a virtue.Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Small_10
James 1:4  But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing. 
So Toho, consider yourself blessed more than most humans on this planet.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 11:12 am

I actually have zero patience with people.

Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 11:41 am

I have this same problem. I think though with some of the people I interact with and I am sure I am pretty annoying to them.  I kind of have a narrow view on life and at times this completely infuriates people. Pastor Ed, my pastor has to have the patience of Job when it comes to dealing with me. For me in seeing this and his reactions to my traits, I try to pass that on to others. I'm not perfect at it by any means but it's kind of the view that I have been trying to build on. There was a song by the thrash Christian metal band Living Sacrifice called "Dealing With Ignorance"  that came to mind as I was listening to some of my older music a few weeks back. Nailed again hehe.

Here's the song I was talking about by Living Sacrifice.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 5:55 pm

So far this new one has been a lot easier than the last puzzle.  I've already got most of the cheetah and tiger put together and also have a good portion of the black panther and the leopard assembled.  And I've only put about 3 hours into it. 

It's going to be a cool picture though and like the last puzzle, next time I think I'll assemble it on wax paper so I can slather it with puzzle glue when I'm done and frame it.

Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 7:37 pm

Do you have a specific table or place you do your puzzles at? Kind of a place that keeps you in the mood for them?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 7:47 pm

I always put them together on my kitchen table and on top of my "puzzle caddy" because if I couldn't cover it up when I'm done the cats would knock the pieces all over the place.  The puzzle caddy is that brown thing underneath all the pictures of my puzzles.

Putting them together on that table keeps me near my laptop and near the TV in the kitchen which is the TV I watch about 90% of the time.  I very rarely just sit and actually "watch TV"; I'm usually doing something else at the same time, putting puzzles together, surfing the web, playing video games...something.

It's funny because I have much bigger TVs all over the house but the little 24" flat screen on the kitchen counter gets the most use by far.

Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 24, 2019 8:08 pm

I have a HUGE tv in the living room. But that is Miss Kitty Kittys room. Until bedtime that is then she sleeps with me. Before the Gym I usually turn on Youtube and watch Bare Knuckle Boxing, or a bit of My 600 LB Life. Other than that unless I get into a series on HULU I never watch tv.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 4:12 pm

Well that one was easy.

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Dscn0616

Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 5:00 pm

Oh man, I LOVE the black panther one!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 5:51 pm

Started this one next.  All I did was get all the pieces face-side up.  This one's going to be different; it has a lot of weirdly-shaped pieces.

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 61Yes%2BgPT%2BL

Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 5:53 pm

Panzer wrote:
Oh man, I LOVE the black panther one!!!!!

He was difficult but the lion was worse.  If the black panther had been as big as the lion the whole puzzle would have been much tougher.  Surprisingly the leopard was the last thing I finished because of the background behind him.  I got the cat together easily but that background was pretty challenging.

Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 7:30 pm

I would most definitely frame those.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 7:34 pm

I've actually had this one I just started on a T-Shirt for a couple of years now.  I had no idea it was actually a painting so when I saw the puzzle I had to get it.

BTW, if you like big cats you'd love the décor in the main level of my house.  It's all pictures of wild cats; prints I found, needlepoint and cross stitches my Mom made me years ago, etc.  The upper level is all "big cats" and the basement is all monster, rock and sports stuff.

Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 7:40 pm

I wish I had a central theme in my home. That picture of the big cats, I down loaded it and it is going to go onto my phone as the lock screen. That pic would look so good as one of those all over print t shirts I think.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 8:07 pm

The puzzle with the black panther pic you like is a puzzle I bought from the World Wildlife Federation so not only did buying it support my current "puzzle habit" but it also supports a good cause.  I wish I could get that one on a shirt.

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)
Page 2 of 26Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock Island :: Tropical Breeze :: Island Cabana-
Jump to: