Rock Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of friendly discussion about music and other interests

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)

Go down 
+2
tohostudios
Panzer
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 02, 2020 5:37 pm

That puzzle gave me an idea to look for bird puzzles for myself. I never even thought of that until I saw yours. As much as I'm into birds and identifying the ones on my deck I think I'd love putting a bird puzzle together.

Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2020 10:31 am

This morning I finished the other Christmas puzzle that I got about a week and a half ago:

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Dscn0813

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2020 11:52 am

This is the possible that I am doing.
https://www.amazon.com/Cobble-Hill-Adirondack-Birds-1000-Piece/dp/B00I8VMEOI

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2020 2:53 pm

I just got back from a place called "Puzzle Warehouse".  I came out with 5 new puzzles.  I did get a bird one from the Audubon Society but the first one I'm going to do is this one:

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 58681wolfpackcolorscat__92256.1531950529

Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2020 8:01 pm

onebigfish wrote:
There is a lot of red and since you seem birds. Those parts, as well as the solid white parts are a little tricky.

I get the blue jays, nuthatches, woodpeckers, chickadees, and sparrows. I believe I have seen an oriole once.

Those are supposed to be orioles?  They're more orange than that.  At least as far as I remember; we don't get them down here at all but I used to see them all the time when I was a kid in PA.

Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2020 8:04 pm

This is the bird puzzle I bought this afternoon:
Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 81as84mNqQL._SX522_

I've had all these guys at the feeders at one time or another except for that red hummingbird to the left of the bluejay.

Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2020 9:49 pm

I started the Wolf puzzle tonight and as expected it's been a bitch so far. Still working on the frame.  Actually the interior might be a little easier than the frame for this one but not by much.

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 10:20 am

Nice puzzles. I love wolves.

Many of the birds are the same in the puzzle I have. I have most of the birds together, the birdhouse, and some miscellaneous areas.

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2020 5:08 pm

Man this wolf one is brutal. I worked on it for an hour today and only fit about a dozen pieces together and most of them were just unlinkable pairs. It gets frustrating when the overall picture doesn't show any progress. Hopefully if I construct enough pairs eventually some of the pairs will fit together, if I don't get frustrated in quit before then.

This is sort of the way that Frazetta puzzle started out but eventually it came together.

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 8:33 am

I can see the wolf fur areas being very difficult.

Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 8:40 am

Wow I can see where the wolf puzzle would be hard to piece together
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 9:47 am

I haven't even started on the wolves yet (except the eyes). I have most of the orange sections together but look at that frame and look at the trees; they're identical. And the width of the frame is made up of 2 or 3 pieces; there's only extremely subtle differences in shading between the inner pieces of the frame and the trees. And the rocks the wolves are standing on look a lot like the gray and white wolves' fur.

It's really been tough.

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 1:13 pm

Oh yeah, I never thought of that.

Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2020 3:14 pm

I couldnt do most of the puzzles that you do anyways
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2020 1:20 pm

My grandmother on my dads side would MAKE the puzzle pieces fit with scissors or a small ball peen hammer. She didn't realize they made a picture when completed. She just thought that the idea was to just find the ones that fit. But then again she thought the moon was the size of a washtub and considered that proof that astronauts could not have visited the moon.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 15, 2020 6:27 pm

In the first few days I was thinking of taking that approach to this wolf puzzle Jim.

But now less than 2 weeks after I bought it, the damn wolves are finally starting to take shape.  I swear I was getting NOWHERE for about a week; assembling two pieces here and two pieces there, none of which fit into the overall puzzle picture.  

Then all of a sudden the puzzle became like reproducing cells; two pieces became 4, 4 became 8 and all of a sudden the overall picture started taking shape.

Tomorrow I'll take a pic of where it currently stands once I don't have to use a flash because the light reflects off the pieces.  

Frankly I'm amazed how far I've gotten in less than two weeks considering how frustrating this puzzle was for the first week; I almost gave up.

Still a LOT of work to do but I'm at least no longer considering giving up.

Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2020 8:56 am

glad you got it going
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2020 9:44 am

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Dscn0814

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2020 10:23 am

This one's taken you a lot longer than some of the others.

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2020 12:10 pm

Yeah it's taking about as long as the Frazetta one.

Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2020 12:36 pm

Looks good so far
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2020 3:06 pm

How's the bird one coming along OBF?

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 16, 2020 3:20 pm

I've got all the birds done, and I'm now trying to work on the chair.

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 17, 2020 10:04 am

I'm off work today so I've been working on the puzzle all morning.  I've got 99% of the white wolf done.

EDIT:  I'll post another in-progress pic tomorrow.  I made a TON of progress today.

Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2020 5:02 pm

I figure I'll just take a pic when it's done. Today I got about 90% of the middle wolf done. Pretty much all I have left are about 75 black pieces. As expected the black wolf is proving to be the toughest.

Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2020 4:33 pm

Finished it this morning:

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Dscn0815

Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 19, 2020 4:42 pm

This one's up next:

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 9k=

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 8:35 am

You sure did get lots done! And I really like the eagle poster.

onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 8:37 am

Finished the birds puzzle.

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Img_2013

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 9:49 am

Those sure are accurate drawings of the birds.

PostSubject: Re: Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)   Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles) - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slow in here (aka Toho's Puzzles)
Page 13 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Rock Island :: Tropical Breeze :: Island Cabana-
Jump to: