Rock Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of friendly discussion about music and other interests

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Prayers/good vibes needed

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BloodDivine
Captain Crunch
Captain Crunch
BloodDivine

Prayers/good vibes needed Empty
PostSubject: Prayers/good vibes needed   Prayers/good vibes needed Icon_minitimeFri Aug 09, 2019 12:48 pm

My mother had a stroke this morning. She survived and the situation is under control, but these following hours are important. If she has another one, the situation gets much worse.

If you pray, please add my mother to the list.
Back to top Go down
http://miikamanninen.net
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Prayers/good vibes needed   Prayers/good vibes needed Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 1:54 pm

oh no, I am really sorry. i do pray and will pray. Was there any damage from the stroke?
Back to top Go down
BloodDivine
Captain Crunch
Captain Crunch
BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: Prayers/good vibes needed   Prayers/good vibes needed Icon_minitimeSat Aug 10, 2019 4:59 pm

Panzer wrote:
oh no, I am really sorry.  i do pray and will pray. Was there any damage from the stroke?

Thanks! I talked to doctor today while I visited her at the hospital.

Her body functions and her thought is clear but speaking has taken damage. She sounds like she is drunk. Doctor said that the speeking will recover. We are hoping that the treatment works and she doesn´t have another stroke. She will be at the hospital the following week.

My little brother is mentally handicapped, down syndrome if that is familiar, and I´m taking care of my little brother at the moment. He is living with my mother and she has taken care of him whole his life.

My brother is full grown man but mentally about 7-8 years old and he is very confused about this situation.

Today I realized how our lifes are depending on string. We never know what is going to happen tomorrow. We need to live while we are alive and not waste it. This has drawn me closer to my god.
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Prayers/good vibes needed   Prayers/good vibes needed Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2019 8:28 am

You certainly have my prayers going your way.It sounds like your mom is a woman who really holds things together.

Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Prayers/good vibes needed   Prayers/good vibes needed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 14, 2019 4:33 am

An update please on the situation?
Back to top Go down
BloodDivine
Captain Crunch
Captain Crunch
BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: Prayers/good vibes needed   Prayers/good vibes needed Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 7:45 pm

Panzer wrote:
An update please on the situation?

I´ve been out taking care of things. My mother got out of hospital yesterday. She is doing ok. Her body and brains functions and speeking has recovered a lot. She speeks well but if she speeks long her speech is starting to get blurry. Doctor said she will recover fully though.

So all is good, but there is a lots of medication she has to take. It was a warning.

All is good in our family.

Thanks for all prayers and thoughts. Certainly they were heard.
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Prayers/good vibes needed   Prayers/good vibes needed Icon_minitimeFri Aug 16, 2019 8:47 pm

This is great news man!! God is indeed good.
Back to top Go down
BloodDivine
Captain Crunch
Captain Crunch
BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: Prayers/good vibes needed   Prayers/good vibes needed Icon_minitimeSat Aug 17, 2019 6:34 pm

onebigfish wrote:
It sounds like your mom is a woman who really holds things together.

My mother brings our family together. Me and my sister and brother live at all corners of our country and my mothers  house is the place where we all come together. I live nearest to her, about 120 kilometres away so I go there regularly with my own family. We enjoy going there, to my mothers farm. She is on a pension nowadays but still has chickens there and my kids enjoy feeding them and walking with my mother at the woods. There is a small creek with trout and grayling just about 1 kilometer away from my mothers house. So at summertime when my kids have gone to sleep, I walk there with my rod and enjoy the silence.

And there is my down syndrome -brother who lives with my mother... very dear and precious to us all.

When she had the stroke the next thing after being dead worried of my mother was: "is our own place, our haven gone now?" It was dreadful to think. It is a place that collects us all and has been our own place of silence and rest, always welcoming. When I got my downfall with depression, that place has been one of the things that have helped me a great deal in healing.

Glad we still have it. Our mother and our place.

But my mother is getting old, as we all get older. The time will come finally with a change as the years go by. But not yet. My mother has a lots of years if she just takes the medication pointed at her and keeps herself in shape. We will help her with that.

We still have it all.
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Prayers/good vibes needed   Prayers/good vibes needed Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 8:36 am

My mother-in-law was the one that held things together for my wife's side of the family. Since she died a few years ago, we hardly ever see anyone.

Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Prayers/good vibes needed   Prayers/good vibes needed Icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2019 8:01 am

Glad to hear your mom is doing well. Stokes run in my family so i am familiar with what happens. Glad to hear brother is home with her again..Will keep your family in my prayers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prayers/good vibes needed   Prayers/good vibes needed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prayers/good vibes needed
Page 1 of 1