Rock Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of friendly discussion about music and other interests

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

What are you currently watching (2019)

Go down 
+5
Panzer
tohostudios
Eilene1015
onebigfish
MoonChild
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
MoonChild
Guru of True Metal
MoonChild

What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 28, 2016 4:11 pm

The Silent Hill

Mr Supersonic Guy
Warzawa

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 6:48 am

I remember the video game heh

I just saw Batman Vs Superman Dawn of Justice
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 3:52 am

Thc hitting some of the gigs they had in the past and hopefuly some in the fu ture too early for me here , dang roosters kim has in our wash room seen me sneaking out for a pb and J sammich . It got nipped in the bud as Barny Fife would say it.

Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Guru of True Metal
MoonChild

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 12:55 pm

The Three Musketeers

Guru of True Metal
MoonChild

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 8:37 am

The Witching.

Mr Supersonic Guy
Warzawa

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 10:44 am

Saw the latest Dana Carvey Standup Straight White Male 60 its great stuff

Also been watching the Gilmore Girls, I love the banter between the 2 main characters. Even during its first run Ive always enjoyed listening to it.
Back to top Go down
Hrothgar
Polly Wants To Rock
Hrothgar

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2016 8:06 am

Looks like my wife is going to make me go see Rogue One this weekend.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2016 10:21 am

Some new Toho Holiday Horrors.

"A Christmas Horror Story" - Good anthology featuring one story about a zombie outbreak among Santa's elves. Also features a wraparound story with William Shatner

"Krampus" - Decent enough movie but it suffers from complying with a PG-13 rating. It could have been a classic if it had a wider mean streak.

Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2016 4:56 pm

Another entry in the Toho Holiday Horrorfest:

Saint Nick - lot of good gore in this one which is rare for most of these holiday horror flicks.  This one's actually pretty nasty.  I need to look up how much of this backstory about the "real" St. Nicholas is true.

Mr Supersonic Guy
Warzawa

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon May 15, 2017 10:30 am

Last movie i saw : Star Wars Rogue One

Been watching Anne with an E on Netflix, got 1 more episode to go
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 9:03 pm

This dude is amazing
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 9:19 pm

hahahah this is good , I feel a kinship with this redneck
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 8:36 am

LOL

Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 8:36 pm

watching soul stirrers like 7 minits in hell , and real demon possession. I know its strange but it takes extreme stuff to reach me .
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 23, 2017 8:49 pm

this is why i trust only two preachers in the world, Pastor Bob Beeman and Billy Graham. I would be so afraid of stealing from the faithful  to live their lifestyles as rich people.
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2019 12:49 pm

When I visit my cousin, I watch the sitcom "Sheldon".
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2019 1:21 pm

I watched the first season of the Netflix show, Derry girls. I found it pretty funny.

Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2019 1:17 am

the good doctor
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 12:44 pm

Fraternity Vacation Found a site that has all these cool 80's movies
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 1:01 pm

Watched Christopher Robin last night

Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 5:13 pm

Season 1-3 of Family Ties
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2019 11:58 am

You know me and good boo................ I mean 80s movies
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2019 5:09 pm

Ken Burns' "The Vietnam War"

I enjoyed Burns' "Baseball" and "Civil War" documentaries so I thought I'd give this one a shot too when it occurred to me that even though the war occurred during my lifetime, I was too young to really comprehend what was going on. 

I finished Disc 1 today and my takeaway from that disc is the whole start of the war was France's fault.  If those idiots had given up trying to hang on to Vietnam as a colony long before they finally got out, the war would never have even started. One of the main reasons Ho Chi Minh got a foothold as a leader was because of the country's rightful resentment of French rule.  Damn French.

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 8:02 am

I've never known much about the Vietnam War. It isn't something they taught much about here.

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 9:08 am

Here either.  Like I said, I grew up while it was going on but I was a child.  I started Disc 2 yesterday on the elliptical and I've already learned a ton.  Like how many mistakes and misreadings of the situation so many people in so many countries made.   So far this film doesn't seem to be taking sides which is appropriate because there's enough blame to go around.  It's also told with rememberances from people who were there including US soldiers, reporters, South Vietnam soldiers and former Viet Cong guerrillas.

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 12:24 pm

Very interesting

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 12:46 pm

Wow.  Finished Disc 2 of "The Vietnam War" today and learned something very interesting; the story behind the picture on the cover of Rage Against The Machine's S/T.

It's from July of 1963.  For years a small Catholic minority had dominated the large Buddhist majority in Vietnam.  In the Spring of 1963 the city government of a large city flew a Catholic flag to commemorate the appointment of the country's dictatorial leader's brother to a Catholic bishop.  Weeks later when the largely Buddhist citizens of the same city tried to fly Buddhist flags in celebration of Buddha's birthday, police tore them down.  Protests ensued and the Catholic leader of the province sent in security forces to quell the protests.  Eight people were killed. 

In July, a reporter for Associated Press received an anonymous tip that something important was going to happen the next day in a major square in Saigon.  The reporter took his camera and captured a Buddhist monk setting himself on fire in protest.  That's the pic that's on the cover of the RATM album.  I had no idea what it was or if it was even a real picture but it is.  When it came up in this documentary I recognized it right away.

What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 81jtLD85ObL._SS500_

Later, the wife of the dictator's other brother (he ran Vietnam's version of the CIA) made a public statement saying monks holding "barbecues" weren't going to change anything.  She went on to say they weren't even "patriotic" barbecues because the gasoline they used to set themselves on fire was imported from another country.  Good grief!  This is the side the US supported in the war simply because it was anti-Communist.  What a cluster**** that war was!

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 3:35 pm

I knew it was a monk that set himself on fire. I can't remember where I heard about that. It seems like you said, the whole war and everything surrounding it was a real clusterfork.

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 19, 2019 5:42 pm

I'm impressed you knew the story of that photo.  I kind of always thought it was real but it almost looks like the fire is photoshopped on there so I was never sure.  Sadly it was all too real.  And now I know the whole sad story behind it. 

I also kind of suspected that there was a ton of blame to go around in the Vietnam War but holy crap, I had no idea it was this much of a CF.  I guess you had to have been an adult in the early 60s to really understand the whole "Red Menace" hysteria behind the Cold War because in hindsight is sure makes zero sense for the US to even be involved there at all. 

And this is exactly what I was hoping to gain from watching this doc; a better understanding of what happened and why.  I'm anxious to see how (or even if) it covers the reception American soldiers got when they came back because I don't care how spurious the reasons were that we were there, soldiers were just pawns and deserve our respect as opposed to being spat on.  I hope the doc goes into that but we'll see.

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2019 8:17 am

I can't remember where I learned of that photo. I just remember either reading or seeing that it was a monk who set himself on fire as a protest. I'm not sure I even knew that it was an album cover.

Yes, I agree, many of the soldiers were drafted and didn't want to be there. All deserve respect.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you currently watching (2019)
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next