Rock Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of friendly discussion about music and other interests

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

What are you currently watching (2019)

Go down 
+5
Panzer
tohostudios
Eilene1015
onebigfish
MoonChild
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2019 10:14 pm

Perhaps this is where the Christian metal we listen to today came from , I guess its possible.

Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2019 10:13 am

Seems like it was from around the end of the Vietnam war.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 2:46 pm

Started Disc 4 of "The Vietnam War".  Before the opening credits is an interview with a guy who is an Army veteran of the war.  He describes how the US tried to fight the Vietnam war like all the previous wars we were involved in; that we could just go in with a sledgehammer, level everything then clean up and it would be over.  He said we were overconfident and arrogant.  Then he came out with this quote:

“It’s very, very difficult to dispel ignorance, if you retain arrogance.” Sam Wilson, US Army. #TheVietNamWarPBS by Ken Burns & Lynn Novick.

I love that insight; it applies to life in general.

Mr Supersonic Guy
Warzawa

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 3:09 pm

lately ive been watching WWE network, Masterchef Jr, SNL
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 3:59 pm

Brooklyn 99

Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 5:06 pm

The Good Doctor , The complete series
Vikings Season 5
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2019 10:53 am

DUDES

What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 MV5BMzJmMjliZGYtYWRkZS00YTE1LWE0ODItODRjYjMxYTNjZDg1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 1:51 pm

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0133189/?ref_=nv_sr_1

What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 MV5BNzdkOGYyMTQtOTZlYS00NTEwLWEwY2MtMGM2MDZiNDY1ODQzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 3:40 pm

I've been watching the show Timeless on Netflix.

Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 7:48 pm

I don't have Netflix, I have Hulu, Crackle, and I think ..... I forget the third one.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 8:28 pm

Still watching the 10 disc series of Ken Burns' "The Viet Nam War"

I'm about halfway through disc 5 and it's now getting real depressing. It's become pretty obvious that the US can't "win" and protests at home are increasing. And it has also become pretty obvious that not only were various presidential administrations lying to the US public, they were also lying to themselves AND being lied to by those they trusted.

Basically the Vietnam war was the CF I always thought it was but this documentary is really driving that fact home. I also feel that while the doc probably skews a little more toward the "left" impressions of the war, there's no denying the raw emotion on display from families who sent their sons there thinking they were doing what was "right" for America.

And when you hear from a former Green Beret that he feels they were lied to regarding why they were there, you have to at least wonder...

So far this series is accomplishing just what I wanted it to for me; filling in some blanks about something I was too young to understand when it actually happened. It's actually pretty heart-wrenching at times; on both the US side and the North Vietnamese side.

Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 11:02 pm

I was quite young, I remember the news reports. Hellacopters, and mom crying because two boys from our street in Newcomerstown was killed. My cousin Pam was like a hippy ..... dressed funny and talked weird.
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 05, 2019 3:01 pm

I have been debating on joining a local gym here in walking distance. I have been watching the whole series of MY 600 POUND LIFE. It's definate inspiration to get healthy.
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2019 6:47 pm

Really into hardcore now since I've been feeling so much better.

Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2019 9:06 am

This was REALLY interesting. It's about the battle of Poland in WWII.

Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2019 1:17 pm

That was uber-interesting. I love the old footage. Very cool.

I am watching something far less entertaining, The whole tv series of "My 600 Pound Life". It keeps me gym motivated.
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2019 7:59 am

Cheech and Chong-Nice Dreams

What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 MV5BYjBjZjA3YmMtNmIxMy00NmE1LWE2YWMtNzlmY2UzYTM5ZTUwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjE5MjUyOTM@._V1_
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2019 9:43 pm

Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2019 1:01 pm

I am really enjoying this Hulu tv series. Didn't think I'd like it but it snuck up and bit me in my brain.

My Mad Fat Diary

What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 MV5BNWMyNzEzZjItZWZiMy00MzQ2LWExZjItNDRmZTE0MjEyMGVjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzA5NjUyNjM@._V1_
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 7:34 pm

Finished Mad Max - Fury Road today

I've had this movie in the vault for a while but avoided watching it because I love the original Mad Max flick so much.

Big mistake; the visuals in this film are just outstanding.  It's one of those films you have to watch multiple times because so much is going on. 

Great flick.

Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 7:47 pm

I remember the original. Vaguely
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 8:34 pm

If you know who Kieth Green is , you will be overjoyed by this clip of him on an old game show.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 9:41 pm

I remember Keith Green. In retrospect I can appreciate the talent but his music was too mellow for me most of the time. He did have one song I really liked but I can't remember the name of it; I'll see if I can find it.

Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 9:43 pm

I'm almost done with "American Sniper".

I've had this flick on blu ray for a while but never got around to watching it until now during my lunchtime workouts.

It's a lot more violent than I expected.

Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 08, 2019 1:33 am

I saw it on one of the movie channels I get. I didn't think it would be violent enough to keep my interest. I think maybe if its good and violent I might go back and watch it. Right now I am sort of into the reality show called "My 600 LB Life". It's motivation to hit the gym regularly even when I feel like toilet bowl filler. I am one of those people that got so hardened to tv and screen violence that it has to really have some hardcore poo in it for me to stay interested.
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 11:52 am

Watching "My 600 LB. Life" again. I get so furious with the people on there. They are dying from poor health and will not listen to the advice of the person trying to help them. I want to toss my hands up and say "Just die then you fat worthless ignorant self centered weak-willed pansies", but I see myself a few years back in their shoes. Very sobering show.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 5:24 pm

Watching a collection of Star Trek episodes called "The Klingon Collective". It's a series of fan-selected episodes featuring Klingons from across the entire Star Trek show universe. So you get episodes from the original series, Next Generation, Deep Space 9 and Enterprise.

Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 5:27 pm

OH MY GOD! I was such a trekkie. I hated the federation and was a too serious fan of the Klingons. I bought Marc Okrands book called conversational Klingon and joined the Klingon Language Institute! I was a major dork
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 6:56 pm

Wow! That's hilarious! I never would have guessed.

This is quite an interesting way to watch these episodes because they're sort of arranged in story arc chronological order. For example, the very first episode is from the Star Trek: Enterprise series (which I gather is a "prequel" to the original series). It features the first time humans have ever seen a Klingon. Then it goes to two episodes from the original series which, though seasons apart actually reference each other. Next up is one from Next Generation.

It's interesting to watch the human/Klingon relationship develop and change in this context.

Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 7:27 pm

I gotta know, What was the humans reaction to the Klingon? I stopped watching after the Next Generation went off of the channel list I had on my TV at the time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you currently watching (2019)   What are you currently watching (2019) - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you currently watching (2019)
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next