Rock Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of friendly discussion about music and other interests

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Today in IDIOTS...

Go down 
+3
Panzer
MoonChild
onebigfish
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 11:26 am

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/national/vancouver-island-tire-slasher-severs-his-own-leg-artery/ar-AAmkjOl?li=AAggFp5

MoonChild
Guru of True Metal
MoonChild

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 11:53 am

hahaha hmmmmm ouch!

Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 12:59 pm

How the hell do you cut your own leg while puncturing a tire? Had to be alcohol involved.

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2017 10:15 pm

And stupidity

criss3o
The Screamer
criss3o

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 11:52 am

tohostudios wrote:
How the hell do you cut your own leg while puncturing a tire?  Had to be alcohol involved.

HAHA! No doubt!
Back to top Go down
criss3o
The Screamer
criss3o

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 11:52 am

onebigfish wrote:
And stupidity

Yep! That too!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 5:08 pm

More from the "some people just shouldn't be allowed to breed" category:

http://fox2now.com/2017/02/01/madison-county-parents-charged-in-infant-death-after-deplorable-home-conditions/

Quote :
Police say the conditions inside the home were, "deplorable." There were at least seven children living in the home with the parents. Investigators say they have never seen living conditions as bad as this. There are rooms with trash piled to the ceiling, dog feces are everywhere.

Every person who lived in the home slept on one mattress placed on the floor.

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 9:20 am

Wow, how would you even know? The house looks like a decent place from the outside. There's got to be some form of mental illness with those parents.

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 5:17 pm

Or drugs.

I thought the same thing when I first saw the house from the outside; looks pretty normal.

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 1:07 pm

What the heck?

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/news/this-arizona-state-fan-likes-mayonnaise-more-than-any-one-human-should/ar-AAnQnxl?li=AAggXBR

Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 2:25 pm

LOL is that richard simmons.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 06, 2017 4:28 pm

Could be. Last I heard Richard Simmons was actually missing (seriously).

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 8:39 am

I think he's a little young for Richard Simmons.

Whenever I hear of Richard Simmons, I always remember this:

Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 8:12 am

I was only kiddding about the Richard simmons thing
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 8:40 am

Simmons is a STRANGE one.

onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 3:24 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/whats-hot/teen-is-shamed-for-having-too-much-food-in-her-lunchbox/ar-AAolWZc?li=AAggFp5

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 4:54 pm

Thank you liberal progressives!

Good grief, government intrusion into every aspect of our lives.  "...high school started screening students' lunch boxes..."  Seriously? I don't know where this occurred but it doesn't really matter because the same thing is happening all over.

GET THE F*** OUT OF OUR LIVES ALREADY!!!!   If I want my child to eat peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and have a candybar for dessert it's none of the school's damn business!  If they paid half as much attention to the quality of teachers in the schools we'd all be better off.

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 4:56 pm

Laughing

Yes

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 14, 2017 5:16 pm

The whole concept of the "nanny state" really pisses me off.

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 10:33 am

Yeah, there seems to be a segment of society that likes to stick their nose almost everywhere it doesn't belong.

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 10:51 am

I keep saying it but writer CM Kornbluth sure was prophetic when he wrote "The Marching Morons" short story back in the 50s. 

https://www.popsugar.com/tech/Math-Test-Question-Stumps-Parents-41259705

Good grief even a "teacher" couldn't figure it out.  I think it's because today's society can't relate to the question.  It should be something like:

"Kim Kardashian was counting her money.  She spent $19 million on clothing and jewelry during a Hollywood spending spree.  Then she took in $17 million from the numbnuts who actually think she has any talent whatsoever. She now has $63 million in the bank.   How much money did Kim have to begin with?"

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 11:04 am

LOL!

Quote :
How much money did Kim have to begin with?

Too much!!!

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 11:33 am

Here's the wiki summary of the Marching Morons.  I read this story waaaaay back when I was in about 6th grade and it made such an impact on me.  It's so dark...

Quote :
The story is set hundreds of years in the future: the date is 7-B-936. John Barlow, a man from the past put into suspended animation by a freak accident involving a dental drill and anesthesia, is revived in this future. The world seems mad to Barlow until Tinny-Peete explains the Problem of Population: due to a combination of intelligent people not having children and excessive breeding by less intelligent people (see Fertility and intelligence), the world is full of morons, with the exception of an elite few who work slavishly to keep order. Barlow, who was a shrewd real estate con man in his day, has a solution to sell to the elite, in exchange for being made World Dictator.

The human population is now 3,000,000 highbred elite and 5,000,000,000 morons, and the "average" IQ is 45 (whereas in the real world, an IQ score of 100 is average, by definition). Several generations before the onset of the story, the small number of remaining 100-and-higher-IQ technocrats, ignored by the general public about the impending population problem, work feverishly to keep the morons alive.
The elite have had little success in solving the Problem (also called "Poprob", for 'population problem', in the story) for several reasons:

• The morons must be managed or else there will be chaos, resulting in billions of deaths;
  • It is not possible to sterilize all of the morons;
  • Propaganda against large families is insufficient, because every biological drive is towards fertility (the story predates the development of hormonal contraception).

The elite had tried everything rational to solve the population problem, but the problem could not be solved rationally. The solution required a way of thinking that no longer existed – Barlow's "vicious self-interest" and knowledge of the distant history.
Barlow derives a solution based on his experience in scamming people into buying worthless land and knowledge of lemmings' mass migration into the sea: convince the morons to travel to Venus in spaceships that will kill their passengers out of view of land. (The story predates the moon landing, and the safety of space travel is summed up in a description of a rocket that crashed on the moon.) Propaganda depicts Venus as a tropical paradise, with "blanket trees", "ham bushes" and "soap roots". In a nationalistic frenzy, every country tries to send as many of their people to Venus as possible to stake their claim.
Barlow's help includes using his knowledge of Nazi propaganda tactics: postcards are sent from the supposedly happy new residents of Venus to relatives left behind, describing a wonderful, easy life, in the same way as fraudulent postcards were sent to relatives of those incinerated in the Nazi death-camps.
Barlow is cheated by his erstwhile assistants. Barlow does not realize that the elite despise him as they despise all people from the past for having not solved The Problem earlier. In the end, Barlow is placed on a spaceship and sent to share the fate of his victims.

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 3:38 pm

That does sound quite dark.

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 3:39 pm

And so prescient.

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 3:50 pm

There certainly ARE a lot of morons in the world. And there are a lot of great quotes about stupid people.

onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 4:06 pm

Doh!

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/news/couples-shortcut-across-ice-ends-at-the-bottom-of-lake-winnipeg/ar-BByc3tt?li=AAggFp5

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 16, 2017 4:34 pm

Send 'em to Venus!  They have ham bushes there ya know!

Dumbasses.

Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 8:13 am

LOL
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 17, 2017 10:15 am

"The problem with educating stupid people was that they didn't know they were stupid."

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Today in IDIOTS...   Today in IDIOTS... - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Today in IDIOTS...
Page 19 of 28Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 28  Next