Rock Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of friendly discussion about music and other interests

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

The sad state of things.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

The sad state of things. Empty
PostSubject: The sad state of things.   The sad state of things. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2020 6:11 pm

A few days ago God woke me up from a sound sleep with the answer to a thing I have been praying about lately.

It seems to be a trend to blame God for all the madness of the world today. Ive been asked more than a few times "If God is so great why don't he fix this or that, If he REALLY loved us he would show us some favor".

God woke me and showed me this in the OT in the book of Malachi. I had no need to go past verse two. This happened before , It goes on in the verse to talk about Jacob and Esau,Jacob being loved and Esau being hated (for adding false gods to Judaism). which of course parallels to Israel and Edom.

So friends, It's all in there if you just look, all the answers are right there.
Back to top Go down
Warzawa
Mr Supersonic Guy
Warzawa

PostSubject: Re: The sad state of things.   The sad state of things. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2020 7:03 am

I find that people who use that line of reasoning have a one dimensional point of view. Gods nature is mysterious in other words we cannot predict it, and while yes he has that power does not mean that he is going to use it to save us from the consequences of our mistakes and actions. He does love us. Its all part of his plan I am sure
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: The sad state of things.   The sad state of things. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2020 1:48 am

Agreed, If we could predict Him, He would not be a very powerful God.
Back to top Go down
Warzawa
Mr Supersonic Guy
Warzawa

PostSubject: Re: The sad state of things.   The sad state of things. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2020 6:47 am

Nope he'd be a predictable God

Things happen for a reason, I wonder just off the top of my head thinking here. I wonder how many souls have been saved because of this pandemic?

Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: The sad state of things.   The sad state of things. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2020 2:04 am

Well, I had the honor to witness to a young man today, He just turned 30 and got married. He didn't know anything about God but he was hungry. So after his manager tried unsuccessfully to page him on the intercom twice, she came looking for him. He said because of this fear that he has about his wife getting sick they have been talking about getting baptized. I told him there was a bit more than that. Just before I left he said we should be thankful for another day because of the hysteria of this pandemic. But GOD can use anything if people are just willing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The sad state of things.   The sad state of things. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The sad state of things.
Page 1 of 1