Rock Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of friendly discussion about music and other interests

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Interesting News!

Go down 
+4
tohostudios
Eilene1015
onebigfish
MoonChild
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage
MoonChild
Guru of True Metal
MoonChild

Interesting News! - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 11:12 am

http://teamrock.com/news/2016-10-04/scientists-claim-sharks-love-heavy-metal

Sharks love heavy metal and rock music and have a particular appetite for AC/DC, according to a new book.

Laughing Cool

Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 2:34 pm

LOL- who who have thought
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Guru of True Metal
MoonChild

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 2:44 pm

http://earthables.com/melanin-goddess-stuns-the-internet-with-her-beautiful-dark-skin/?c=iis

Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 4:30 pm

Good for her.  This part is just sad:

Quote :
Skin bleaching is a big problem in Africa and Asia where millions of women use whitening creams to try and fit into a world dominated by Western standards of beauty

Since when does the "Western standards of beauty" include being white? That went out about 30 or more years ago.

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 4:32 pm

There are immensely beautiful women who are not white.

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 4:35 pm

There sure are. It's such a shame that a long-outdated perception still persists in parts of the world.

Guru of True Metal
MoonChild

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 5:02 pm

Especially in erstwhile British colonies, Toho.

Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 5:24 pm

Really? There are Indian women doing the "bleaching" thing?

Guru of True Metal
MoonChild

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 1:50 am

tohostudios wrote:
Really?  There are Indian women doing the "bleaching" thing?  

Too many. "Fair" is business here in a big way, women and men as well.

http://jewishbusinessnews.com/2015/09/18/how-multinational-brands-are-driving-indias-dangerous-skin-whitening-obsession/

Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 5:31 am

Wow. That's just bizarre.

Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 7:42 am

I had no idea this was going on besides michael jackson who they said bleached his skin.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 8:21 am

It's so strange and so UNNECESSARY. My company employs quite a few Indian women and there are several that I would describe as gorgeous.

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 9:24 am

Many Indian women are gorgeous.

MoonChild
Guru of True Metal
MoonChild

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 8:35 am

photographer-captures-dolphin-caught-in-hurricane-winds

Link removed, not authentic news. Thanks Toho.

Last edited by MoonChild on Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 10:12 am

Look at the subtitle of that page Shredder.

Guru of True Metal
MoonChild

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 10:14 am

http://themindunleashed.com/2016/10/australian-aboriginals-may-have-bred-with-mysterious-previously-unknown-human-lineage.html

Guru of True Metal
MoonChild

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 10:15 am

tohostudios wrote:
Look at the subtitle of that page Shredder.

Toho.... Thanks. Did not notice that. Removing the post.

Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 08, 2016 10:17 am

I might not have either except the name "Lancaster County" caught my attention because that's where my brother lives. Cool

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2016 3:59 pm

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/a-%E2%80%98balloon-warrior%E2%80%99-subverts-north-korea-thousands-of-leaflets-at-a-time/ar-AAiXJX5?li=AAggFp5

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 16, 2016 5:32 pm

Have you ever seen video of this guy?  I think he's amazing.

Quote :

A Canadian man ran the Chicago Marathon while juggling three balls and completed the race in less than three hours without dropping a single ball. Michal Kapral, who also refers to himself as "The Joggler," finished the race in two hours and 55 minutes, as he attempted to top his "joggling" marathon world record of two hours and 50 minutes. "My main goal was break my 2:50 record, but I had a somewhat secret secondary goal of joggling a marathon without a drop in under 3 hours," Kapral wrote in a blog post. While Kapral didn't achieve his primary goal, he managed to cross the finish line without a single drop despite some close calls. He's completed a total of 33 marathons including his world record time at the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon in 2007 and shouted triumphantly as he added a new accomplishment to his resume in Chicago.

Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 8:01 am

Thats amazing..My husband teases me says i cant chew gum and walk at the same time..
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 8:13 am

Me either Eilene. I'm the biggest klutz on the planet. When I was a kid my mom called me "her little elephant" because I was always tromping around bumping into things and knocking stuff over. I haven't changed any all these years later.

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 8:53 am

That's absolutely incredible.

I think my wife is the biggest klutz on the planet. She's fallen out of her chair at work a few times and hurt herself.

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 9:23 am

I have no idea how he does an entire marathon doing that and doesn't drop a ball once.

Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 9:56 am

I am also a klutz.. I fall so much i know how to fall.LOL
Back to top Go down
Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2016 10:05 am

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/owner-discovers-shocking-reason-why-his-beagle-sneezed-for-6-months-straight/

Owner shocked to discover why his beagle sneezed for 6 months straight

Mark Kovicak poses with his 2-year-old beagle, Rex.
For months, dog owner Mark Kovicak has been scratching his head.

His beloved 2-year-old beagle named Rex has been experiencing nosebleeds and chronic sneezing for nearly 6 months, and Kovicak had no idea what was wrong.

One day, Rex playfully ran into the woods after a rabbit – the next, he was sneezing up a storm, and a trail of blood soon followed.

/ BluePearl Veterinary Partners

After several Google searches, trips to the vet and various prescribed antibiotics, Kovicak finally got the answer he was looking for.

Dr. Kristopher Sharpe of BluePearl Veterinary Partners in Grand Rapids, Michigan, held up a CT scan that showed a “long straight object” inside the dog’s nasal passageway.

The veterinarian immediately conducted a rhinoscopy, using a small tube with a light and lens to view the object from inside the nostril and from the back of Rex’s throat. Sharpe then used a tool to pull a nearly 5-inch-long stick out of the dog’s nose.

Problem solved.

It was an unusual case for the emergency pet hospital.

“Our doctors see a fair amount of strange foreign bodies, but usually the’ve been swallowed and usually they’re not found in a pet’s nose,” Carrie O’Brion, communications manager for BluePearl Veterinary Partners, told CBS News.

This is the nearly 5-inch-long stick that was pulled from Rex’s nostril during surgery.
/ BluePearl Veterinary Partners

Luckily, Sharpe managed to get the object out before any serious damage was done.

“The body attempts to wall off and remove any foreign object within the nose. If the stick was significantly smaller, then his immune system would have walled it off and slowly broken down the material,” Sharpe explained. “Given the size of the stick, his body would have attempted to wall off the inflammation but the wood material would have remained.”

If the stick hadn’t been discovered and removed, Rex would have continue to have discharge, irritation and inflammation long-term. Eventually, the dog would have developed a systemic infection that would become “life-threatening,” Sharpe said.

Within days after the procedure, Rex was back to his normal, playful self.

“I felt like hugging him,” Kovicak said after the surgery, according to the vets’ news release. “Honestly, I had tears of joy.”

It was clear Rex’s owner felt a great sense of relief.

“He was just so relieved, as I can only imagine – your dog experiencing discomfort for months and to not know what was causing it,” O’Brion said. “He had his dog back; the dog that he knew and loved.”

Now Rex can get back to chasing rabbits, though it may be best if he stays away from sticks for a while.
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 9:25 am

Wow, I've never heard of something like that.

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 9:37 am

How amazing is this? "Seeing" with your tongue:

http://fox2now.com/2016/10/21/brainport-creates-brighter-future-for-blind-americans/

Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 10:41 am

Wow thats really amazing..
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 24, 2016 8:28 am

http://interactive.guim.co.uk/embed/2014/apr/image-opacity-slider-master/index.html?ww2-dday

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting News!   Interesting News! - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting News!
Page 6 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next