Rock Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of friendly discussion about music and other interests

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Power Up - AC/DC (new album)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MoonChild
Guru of True Metal
MoonChild

Power Up - AC/DC (new album) Empty
PostSubject: Power Up - AC/DC (new album)   Power Up - AC/DC (new album) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2020 9:40 am

https://www.blabbermouth.net/cdreviews/power-up/

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Power Up - AC/DC (new album)   Power Up - AC/DC (new album) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2020 9:44 am

I listened to most of it. I like what I've heard. My son thinks it's the best thing they've done since The Razor's Edge. What do you think?

tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Power Up - AC/DC (new album)   Power Up - AC/DC (new album) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2020 10:50 am

I listened to most of it on Amazon Prime. It's pretty good Typical AC/DC but it's not boring.

Guru of True Metal
MoonChild

PostSubject: Re: Power Up - AC/DC (new album)   Power Up - AC/DC (new album) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2020 9:19 pm

I felt this one was much better than the last few of their albums.

Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Power Up - AC/DC (new album)   Power Up - AC/DC (new album) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2020 9:00 am

I agree.

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Power Up - AC/DC (new album)   Power Up - AC/DC (new album) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2020 10:27 am

It's for sure better than the last one. I'd have to listen to it again and then go back to listen to Black Ice and a few before that.

exact33
TheKing
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Power Up - AC/DC (new album)   Power Up - AC/DC (new album) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2020 11:06 am

I was surprised by the album. I kinda expected another snoozer like the last one.
Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
BloodDivine
Captain Crunch
Captain Crunch
BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: Power Up - AC/DC (new album)   Power Up - AC/DC (new album) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 2:56 pm

Sounds like... AC/DC.

Do you start to throwing me some heavy stones if I admit my heresy and say... that I´ve never been that much into AC/DC.

I hold a respect for their career and would go to see them live as an experience, and because they have some great tunes.. enough for a long live set, but most of their cataloque is boring to me.
Back to top Go down
http://miikamanninen.net
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Power Up - AC/DC (new album)   Power Up - AC/DC (new album) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2020 7:12 pm

I totally understand that perspective BD.

To me AC/DC are like The Ramones; both bands do the same thing over and over and over album after album after album and if you like the sound you don't care but if you're a casual listener one album to another can get boring. 

Those of us who are fans of such bands can hear subtle differences in the sounds of each album but if we're being honest AC/DC does essentially replicate the same sound on every album.  But sometimes the songs just seem catchier and that's the case with this latest one.  And since it's rumored to potentially be the band's swan song you'll have to forgive us AC/DC fans for possibly listening to it through "AC/DC-colored ears".

But I completely understand your opinion of their music.

Captain Crunch
Captain Crunch
BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: Power Up - AC/DC (new album)   Power Up - AC/DC (new album) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 6:05 am

tohostudios wrote:

And since it's rumored to potentially be the band's swan song you'll have to forgive us AC/DC fans for possibly listening to it through "AC/DC-colored ears".

No! I cannot forgive you!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

(Just joking.)

Yeah. The signature sound. For some reason I never got into Ac/DC but I am a huge fan of Motörhead. And if you listen their cataloque through and through, you hear the same sound over and over again and the band is not evolving. But still I love them.

My first post was just exposing my sin. All of my close friends love AC/DC so I have been exposed to it. I will listen this album at some point via Spotify and if they manage a tour and come close enough and covid 19 allows, I will see them live, just for their legend-status.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Guru of True Metal
MoonChild

PostSubject: Re: Power Up - AC/DC (new album)   Power Up - AC/DC (new album) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2020 7:26 am

AC/DC is forever.

:)

TheKing
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Power Up - AC/DC (new album)   Power Up - AC/DC (new album) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2020 1:37 pm

BloodDivine wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

And since it's rumored to potentially be the band's swan song you'll have to forgive us AC/DC fans for possibly listening to it through "AC/DC-colored ears".

No! I cannot forgive you!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

(Just joking.)

Yeah. The signature sound. For some reason I never got into Ac/DC but I am a huge fan of Motörhead. And if you listen their cataloque through and through, you hear the same sound over and over again and the band is not evolving. But still I love them.

My first post was just exposing my sin. All of my close friends love AC/DC so I have been exposed to it. I will listen this album at some point via Spotify and if they manage a tour and come close enough and covid 19 allows, I will see them live, just for their legend-status.

I think AC/DC has a nice catalog but there is a lot of filler - especially with most recent material.

For me the debate is interesting between bands that find a sound that is popular and just stick to it vs bands that find a sound and then evolve over time. I can respect both but I think I prefer the former because consistency in sound is what I look for vs dramatic style changes.

Back to top Go down
BloodDivine
Captain Crunch
Captain Crunch
BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: Power Up - AC/DC (new album)   Power Up - AC/DC (new album) Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2020 6:08 pm

exact33 wrote:
I prefer the former because consistency in sound is what I look for vs dramatic style changes.

You mean like Metallica early years, then Load and Re-load -era kind of dramatic turn of things? There are others also, too many list.

I think I understand your point.

Back to top Go down
exact33
TheKing
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Power Up - AC/DC (new album)   Power Up - AC/DC (new album) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2020 11:04 am

BloodDivine wrote:
exact33 wrote:
I prefer the former because consistency in sound is what I look for vs dramatic style changes.

You mean like Metallica early years, then Load and Re-load -era kind of dramatic turn of things? There are others also, too many list.

I think I understand your point.

totally. Metallica is a great example of having a sound that thrust them to fame and then evolving into another sound.
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Power Up - AC/DC (new album)   Power Up - AC/DC (new album) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2020 1:01 pm

Bands have to be careful about that so they don't alienate their original fan base.

exact33
TheKing
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Power Up - AC/DC (new album)   Power Up - AC/DC (new album) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 28, 2020 4:07 pm

onebigfish wrote:
Bands have to be careful about that so they don't alienate their original fan base.

totally. I hated it when Queensryche in their later years with Tate bemoaned that fans only wanted music like OPMC or earlier. Its what made you famous - get over it!
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Power Up - AC/DC (new album)   Power Up - AC/DC (new album) Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2020 8:38 am

Exactly! No pun intended...

That's a pitfall for many long-time bands like AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc. when they tour.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Power Up - AC/DC (new album)   Power Up - AC/DC (new album) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Power Up - AC/DC (new album)
Page 1 of 1