Rock Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of friendly discussion about music and other interests

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Sabaton @ Hellfest

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

Sabaton @ Hellfest  Empty
PostSubject: Sabaton @ Hellfest    Sabaton @ Hellfest  Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2019 9:57 am

You've got to appreciate Sabaton. After Manowar decided not to play, Sabaton took on the headlining show. This was despite Joakim Broden pretty much losing his voice the day before another concert. Both guitarists took turns with lead vocals, having lyrics sheets in front of them. Joakim ended up singing the first three songs, but then just hung around on stage. The ended up putting on a pretty good show.

https://metalinjection.net/latest-news/rumors/report-manowar-canceled-hellfest-appearance-for-most-manowar-reason-possible

BloodDivine
Captain Crunch
Captain Crunch
BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton @ Hellfest    Sabaton @ Hellfest  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 5:46 pm

Yeah hats off.

"The stage was too small for us".

LOL

Well, it´s Manowarish explanation. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://miikamanninen.net
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton @ Hellfest    Sabaton @ Hellfest  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 28, 2019 6:42 pm

Wow.  Just wow.  As if I didn't already think Manowar sucks, this surely would have convinced me.  And kudos to Sabaton.

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton @ Hellfest    Sabaton @ Hellfest  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 8:29 am

Manowar surely think highly of themselves. Talk about arrogance and not caring about your fans.

Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton @ Hellfest    Sabaton @ Hellfest  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 9:35 am

I used to really be into Manowar. I discovered them in the early to mid 90s I think when I found their cassettes for a quarter apiece at a local goodwill store. I figured I couldn't go wrong. I think they have a pretty decent amount of talent but looking back on it, everyone else was doing the same thing as them. I'm pretty much over them.
Back to top Go down
Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton @ Hellfest    Sabaton @ Hellfest  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 2:44 pm

Jim i was the same way.
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton @ Hellfest    Sabaton @ Hellfest  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 02, 2019 4:14 pm

Sabbaton is heads and tails above the talent of Manowar. But back in the day it didn't take much to keep young metalheads entertained.
Back to top Go down
BloodDivine
Captain Crunch
Captain Crunch
BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton @ Hellfest    Sabaton @ Hellfest  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 6:12 pm

I never was into Manowar, and I have kept it that way Laughing

Sabaton runs them over any time. And I mean any time.
Back to top Go down
http://miikamanninen.net
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton @ Hellfest    Sabaton @ Hellfest  Icon_minitimeThu Jul 04, 2019 6:23 pm

BloodDivine wrote:
I never was into Manowar, and I have kept it that way Laughing

Sabaton runs them over any time. And I mean any time.

I agree!  I don't own a single Manowar album but I've heard enough over the years to realize how unoriginal and derivative their music is.  They are the "Spinal Tap" of metal except they're a real band.  I much prefer some of the other efforts from members of the band like The Dictators or Manitoba's Wild Kingdom.

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton @ Hellfest    Sabaton @ Hellfest  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 1:54 pm

Good description, "Spinal Tap of Metal™".

Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton @ Hellfest    Sabaton @ Hellfest  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 05, 2019 3:34 pm

I have about four on cassette and I think two on cd but I'm not sure where they are. They were fun for a while though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sabaton @ Hellfest    Sabaton @ Hellfest  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sabaton @ Hellfest
Page 1 of 1