Rock Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of friendly discussion about music and other interests

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Religion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Warzawa
Mr Supersonic Guy
Warzawa

Religion  Empty
PostSubject: Religion    Religion  Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 8:05 am

In the question game, Moonie asked bout Religion and thought this would be a good topic for discussion....

I refer to the question game for the question....

To me, Religion is man made, its a system of thought and rules designed to control a person. This is just my opinion. However, I think there is a difference between it and Spirituality, Are there tennants that one is to abide by? Yeah, but whatever happened to pursuing a relationship with your creator? whomever you believe that to be. IMO this is more paramount than following a system of tennants. Granted, some of them are no brainers id imagine. But anyways....

This is what i believe
Back to top Go down
Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

Religion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion    Religion  Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 8:50 am

I believe their is a God and we will be judged oon how we live our lives..
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

Religion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion    Religion  Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 8:59 am

I believe that it all starts with John 3:3 You MUST be born again. Knowledge is God inspired by the Holy Spirit and if you listen with your inner being you will be guided unto the truth of your salvation. I believe the Bible to be the Word of God, I don't like much of it because it restricts me from doing things that grieve the heart of God. I believe we must follow every path we take not from the Cross to the present but the Present to the Cross. When we do that we see the true redemptive power of Jesus Christ the only Son of God.
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

Religion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion    Religion  Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 1:02 pm

Yes, religion is different from spirituality. Someone can be religious without being very spiritual.

BloodDivine
Captain Crunch
Captain Crunch
BloodDivine

Religion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion    Religion  Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 1:20 pm

Great topic. I have walked long way with this. When I was young kid, I was raised up into a certain form of belief where was strict rules. For example sunday was a sabbath and you could do nothing in sabbath. I was very much into building up models and it was strictly forbidden to do that hobby sundays. And lot´s of other rules. Of course other religions and even christian churches were wrong and none of them offered the way to salvation. Because they were wrong and we are right.

Later I realized that it was all about man earning the salvation by deeds. I left that behing looong time ago.

It is quite dangerous how some people can decide what is right belief and the right way to believe. And that those decision don´t necessary have any scriptural backing behind them. Sometimes it is just about gaining power over people.

I have balanced my life in many ways. I am highly spiritual but have learned hard way the meaning of the word humble.
Back to top Go down
http://miikamanninen.net
BloodDivine
Captain Crunch
Captain Crunch
BloodDivine

Religion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion    Religion  Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 1:20 pm

onebigfish wrote:
Yes, religion is different from spirituality. Someone can be religious without being very spiritual.

Spot on!
Back to top Go down
http://miikamanninen.net
Warzawa
Mr Supersonic Guy
Warzawa

Religion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion    Religion  Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 1:38 pm

onebigfish wrote:

Spot on OBF, And Vice Versa

THIS Is what i was looking for, not WHAT you believe but essentially do you separate the two.

Personally I have come to abhor religion but I do believe there is a God who did send his only son to die for our sins that's my personal belief. Growing up I always felt like there was something wrong with me because I did not "feel" what others felt while worshiping in Church on a sunday. In fact I got to where I resented that I had to go to church every sunday. It took an incident with an ex-girlfriend to keep me out since. Though when my pastor was still at the church i was going to, I did in recent years enjoyed it but I have no love or trust for his replacement. So I have cut myself free from association with them. Despite the fact I have family that still attends, anyways as a youth I felt like i had to fake my enthusiasm or that  I wasn't a believer. I always felt that when it comes to God (in whatever shape or form you believe) that its too ritualistic, probably why I would never consider going Catholic nothing against Catholicism but its not for me.  I won't tell you that I am right and you are wrong, only what I personally believe.
Back to top Go down
Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

Religion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion    Religion  Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 2:28 pm

I went to catholic school but do not follow the catholic church.
Back to top Go down
Warzawa
Mr Supersonic Guy
Warzawa

Religion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion    Religion  Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2019 7:01 am

My wife is a non practicing Catholic
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

Religion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion    Religion  Icon_minitimeSun May 19, 2019 7:39 pm

I went to a catholic church twice. They were wonderful people but it was like they just went through the mass with absolutely no feeling or emotion. I just could not get into it. No personal prayers, No prayer requests, no fellowship. Just read what you are to say off of a card and go about your day. I DO NOT know the condition of their hearts, but mine was left lacking.
Back to top Go down
Warzawa
Mr Supersonic Guy
Warzawa

Religion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion    Religion  Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 6:33 am

IMO and thats all this is my opinion, the Catholic Church is way too ritualistic , when I started this thread this was the first thing I thought of
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

Religion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion    Religion  Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2019 7:36 am

I love how a thread can morph and twist into some pretty interesting conversations.
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

Religion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion    Religion  Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2019 8:54 am

There are a lot of good comments and thoughts in this thread. I can relate to quite a few of them.

Panzer
Saved
Panzer

Religion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion    Religion  Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2019 10:38 am

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Religion  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Religion    Religion  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Religion