Rock Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of friendly discussion about music and other interests

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Toho's dad

Go down 
+2
MoonChild
onebigfish
6 posters
AuthorMessage
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

Toho's dad Empty
PostSubject: Toho's dad   Toho's dad Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 9:35 am

Toho's dad passed away. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

MoonChild
Guru of True Metal
MoonChild

Toho's dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toho's dad   Toho's dad Icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2018 10:47 pm

My heartfelt condolences Toho.

Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

Toho's dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toho's dad   Toho's dad Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2018 10:32 am

He said he'll be away for several days, so he most likely won't see this until next week.

Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

Toho's dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toho's dad   Toho's dad Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2018 1:55 pm

So sorry to hear this
Back to top Go down
BloodDivine
Captain Crunch
Captain Crunch
BloodDivine

Toho's dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toho's dad   Toho's dad Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2018 5:18 pm

I´ll certainly remember him in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
http://miikamanninen.net
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

Toho's dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toho's dad   Toho's dad Icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2018 7:50 pm

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate it.

I normally don't check out this forum very much because I generally don't have much to offer.  But I had a feeling OBF might post something about what I'm dealing with so I decided to check it out before I leave for Florida on Monday.

I was going to type up an explanation of what's been going on but right now it boils down to the fact that me, my brother and my mother's brother have all offered to let her move in with us but so far she's not having it.  According to my psychologist brother she hasn't even properly grieved yet and he thinks it might take my Mom being by herself for a while for her to decide whether she wants to make a go of it by herself or not.  

Again, I appreciate everyone's thoughts and prayers. Please remember me next week as I will be with her by myself Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning and I don't have the same professional training my brother has when it comes to dealing with situations like this.

EDIT: I should also add that my brother, who I hadn't actually spoken to in about 10 years except for an occasional email, he's done ALL the HEAVY lifting on this situation.  He's already gotten a bunch of my father's financial holdings transferred into my Mom's name, he's taken care of a TON of the financial and legal requirements needed in situations like this and we're basically waiting on death certificates which will come to him, me and my Mom.  She at least now has her own bank account, debit card, etc.  He's also scheduled a doctor's appt. for her for Monday morning which I think is a good idea after talking to her today.  I think she needs some anti-depressants in order to be able to figure out what the next stage of her life will be.  

I still think she should move in with me because of all her options other than living by herself, living with me would be the least intrusive.  The issue is that she has no connections here other than me whereas in PA she'd have my brother and her sister and moving in with her brother in FLA she'd still have her church and doctors.  But she says she doesn't want to intrude on their families.  Which I totally understand.  It's her choice so please pray that she has the peace of mind and the soundness of mind to make a decision because I just don't think living down there by herself is a viable option.

I think I'm going to push the angle that I could use her help training Squirrel (which I seriously could).  She's always loved my cats and has never met either Loosie or Squirrel; she'd love Loosie since Loosie is a real "people cat".  Unfortunately Squirrel is more in the "Tux mold" where he runs and hides for hours when a stranger is in the house.  But once he came out, my Mom could keep an eye on him and make sure he doesn't hassle Loosie which is something that inevitably happens now when I'm involved in a conference call for work.

Thanks again.

Mr Supersonic Guy
Warzawa

Toho's dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toho's dad   Toho's dad Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 7:55 am

I just saw this, I am very sorry for your loss Toho i will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

Toho's dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toho's dad   Toho's dad Icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2018 8:49 am

Have definitely been thinking about you. I'm hoping all goes well this week.

Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

Toho's dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toho's dad   Toho's dad Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2018 10:49 am

Hopeing it all works out. Mom does need time to grieve and figure it out..My mother in law died last year my father in law took care of her for 20 years as she was wheelchair bound. He lives alone but we are all within 5 miles from his house. He just needs to keep busy..which he does. He is 80 and still does his lawn other peoples lawns also.

It was very kind and loving for you to offer your mom a place to live..Lots of familes turn away from loved ones which i never could understand.
Back to top Go down
Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

Toho's dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toho's dad   Toho's dad Icon_minitimeFri Oct 05, 2018 7:57 am

How is your mom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Toho's dad Empty
PostSubject: Re: Toho's dad   Toho's dad Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down