A place of friendly discussion about music and other interests

HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Is there any bands I need to know about?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BloodDivine
Skull & Bones & Rock N Roll

PostSubject: Is there any bands I need to know about?   Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:19 am

This is a silly question, since we have this amazing interweb with all Googles and stuff.

But can you share me some bands and artists I really need to know, ones that I haven´t been aware of and so unable to search out myself.

I´m all for intuitive and clever rock and metal.

Lately there has been more time for listening to music, but I have realized that I am too stuck on safe answers and familiar bands.

Keep them coming, just names on a list, I´ll search them :-D
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: Is there any bands I need to know about?   Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:26 am

That's a hard question to answer because we don't know what bands you are already familiar with. I'd love to share some bands with you, if you can give me a little more info to go on.

View user profile
BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: Is there any bands I need to know about?   Fri Sep 07, 2018 5:27 pm

I know OBF Laughing

Bands/artists I listen maybe too much: Iron Maiden, Helloween, Dream Theater, Queensryche, Slayer, Motörhead, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Sting, U2, Poets of the fall, Kingston Wall, Rammstein... and many many others from poppish rock to metal, but as you can see, these bands are old ones.

I need new artists that can work with those limits, but still bring freshnes and something new.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Addy
The Starman

PostSubject: Re: Is there any bands I need to know about?   Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:57 am

not sure if you'd like them or not but i'd check out Metric they instantly became one of my top 5 favorites
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: Is there any bands I need to know about?   Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:02 am

W.A.S.P.
Here are a few of my favorites from them.

And since you like Deep Purple...

View user profile
MoonChild
Guru of True Metal

PostSubject: Re: Is there any bands I need to know about?   Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:12 am

WASP cover of Burn - lovely.

BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: Is there any bands I need to know about?   Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:13 pm

Hey guys! WASP I know. I was what 8 years old when I took them into my arms. Laughing

But this Metric was totally new one to me. Thanks Addy! I´ve been listening to them now quite a lot and I´m liking what I´m hearing.

I love the vocals of Emily Haines and the wall of sound and athmosphere the band creates. This was good!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: Is there any bands I need to know about?   Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:28 am

Devin Townsend, are you familiar with his work?

View user profile
BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: Is there any bands I need to know about?   Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:22 pm

Very familiar both Devins own named projects and Strapping Young Lad. Love them all!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Addy
The Starman

PostSubject: Re: Is there any bands I need to know about?   Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:35 am

Glad you like them BD which album or songs have you been listening to? they have a new album come out next week called Art of Doubt the 2 songs ive heard from it so far IMO are among their best.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: Is there any bands I need to know about?   Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:24 am

If you are in a hard rock mood, try these Canadian bands:

Headstones

Bobnoxious

View user profile
BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: Is there any bands I need to know about?   Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:44 am

Addy wrote:
Glad you like them BD  which album or songs have you been listening to?  they have a new album come out next week called Art of Doubt the 2 songs ive heard from it so far IMO are among their best.

I have explored them via YouTube. So far songs that has struck me most are: Breathing underwater, Artificial nocturne, Sympathy, Now or never now.

I´m ordering two albums at first: Synthetica and Art of doubt.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: Is there any bands I need to know about?   Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:25 am

I like Bobnoxius more. I need to explore them more.

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: Is there any bands I need to know about?   Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:32 am

You're welcome.

I think their two best are Cocktales and Superscar.

View user profile
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: Is there any bands I need to know about?   Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:35 am

Are you looking for something different from your usual listening, or something along the same sound?

View user profile
BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: Is there any bands I need to know about?   Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:48 am

onebigfish wrote:
Are you looking for something different from your usual listening, or something along the same sound?

Both. Something totally new (like the Metric, it was a gem) and something with the same sound, but with a little hint of something new and fresh.. a little.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: Is there any bands I need to know about?   Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:51 am

Addy wrote:
Glad you like them BD  which album or songs have you been listening to?  they have a new album come out next week called Art of Doubt the 2 songs ive heard from it so far IMO are among their best.

As far as I´ve been searching their music now, I have heard here and there a little bit of U2ish sounds and elements. Am I hearing right and does it cut throught their whole catalogue?

It would be great, because I love U2, but it is also a very tiny tiny something in the package that is totally on their own right.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: Is there any bands I need to know about?   Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:11 pm

As far as power metal, you can try Brothers of Metal and Noble Beast.

View user profile
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: Is there any bands I need to know about?   Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:16 pm

For something different, try Ghoultown.

View user profile
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze

PostSubject: Re: Is there any bands I need to know about?   Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:23 pm

BloodDivine wrote:
Addy wrote:

As far as I´ve been searching their music now, I have heard here and there a little bit of U2ish sounds and elements. Am I hearing right and does it cut throught their whole catalogue?

It would be great, because I love U2, but it is also a very tiny tiny something in the package that is totally on their own right.

Are you familiar with The Alarm? If you like U2 you'd probably dig The Alarm.

- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Addy
The Starman

PostSubject: Re: Is there any bands I need to know about?   Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:20 pm

Thats a toughie , Im not a big fan of U2 I always thought they had some Cure elements as far as the synth parts go, i was listening to samples from the new album there was a song that for a moment reminded me of the Cure's Lovesong
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: Is there any bands I need to know about?   Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:47 pm

It has the Cure elements, which is also good.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Addy
The Starman

PostSubject: Re: Is there any bands I need to know about?   Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:27 am

theyre going to tour I wish i could go, nearest show is Boston which is the 2nd show on the tour :( one day i hope

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there any bands I need to know about?   

Back to top Go down

Is there any bands I need to know about?
Page 1 of 1