HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

After suicide

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BloodDivine
Skull & Bones & Rock N Roll

PostSubject: After suicide   Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:11 pm

Like I said in other thread, my friend committed suicide about a week ago.

He broke up with his long time companion last autumn, tried to go out some time with someone, but that one left him with txt message. After that he went to his cabin, took strong painkillers and booze and died.

He left a note where he stated how he wants to be buried and gave a list of his possessions and how we should deal with it. Then he asked forgivenes. Nothing more.

He lived hard life, his path had never been easy one. Still he was a fighter, he wanted to show that man can overcome and rise from the past. But somehow his force wasnīt strong enough and I cannot know how could I have supported him more. Like other his friends, we are without words and left in silence. We just cannot understand how this fighter lost his battle.

This isnīt the way it should go. It just isnīt.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem

PostSubject: Re: After suicide   Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:38 pm

You never know what a person is thinking..Several family members and friends commited suicide. That why i try to be kind to most people because you dont know their inner demons. My heart goes out to you and his family
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: After suicide   Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:22 pm

That's hard, really hard. Like Eilene said, it's hard to know everything that goes on in a person's head. I imagine it's really tough for all the friends and family to deal with.

I think that everybody should go through some type of struggle at some point in their life, just so that they can understand and have compassion and empathy for others who are struggling. It's not that I wish bad on people, it's just that I wish people could understand each other.

View user profile
BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: After suicide   Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:41 pm

onebigfish wrote:

I think that everybody should go through some type of struggle at some point in their life, just so that they can understand and have compassion and empathy for others who are struggling. It's not that I wish bad on people, it's just that I wish people could understand each other.

I agree.

My wish is just that the struggles are not too much. Struggles can also make you cold and bitter.

What comes to my friend. This kind of decision leaves guilt and too much questions that will never be answered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: After suicide   Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:32 am

Yes, I imagine there will always be the guilt and questions. As you and I know, mental illness can be a vile thing. We don't always let others know what is going on inside of us.

View user profile
Addy
The Starman

PostSubject: Re: After suicide   Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:42 pm

I think with suicides on the rise or at least it seems to be, people are often in the mindset that mental illness is psycho somatic and its not, just because you cannot see it does not mean its not there. I struggle with depression and have since i was a teenager. Have i had thoughts in the past bout ending it all? You bet even went as far as writing a suicide note. Never finished it.

My best friend's father committed suicide. It was devastating, I had known his dad longer than I knew my best friend at that time. Alot of questions, and he even left a note but either it was planned or something more sinister was afoot. He had gotten married less than 24 hours prior and as a result she got most of everything instead of his only son (my best friend)

I hope that with all these suicides that the issue of mental illness and depression become more prominent meaning awareness and not treated as weakness because its not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: After suicide   Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:55 pm

Addy wrote:
I hope that with all these suicides that the issue of mental illness and depression become more prominent meaning awareness and not treated as weakness because its not.

Mental illness and depression are definitely not a weakness any more and than high cholesterol is.

View user profile
Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem

PostSubject: Re: After suicide   Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:51 am

Hoping BloodDivine is ok
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: After suicide   Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:29 am

Yeah, he hasn't been here in a while.

View user profile
BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: After suicide   Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:29 pm

Iīm very okay. Big thanks of concern!!!

Just taking care of myself and not dividing myself to too many things.

Iīve been much into to make my entry back to working life go well and focusing to my family. I took time away from internet to keep up my routine of good sleeping and time with my family. Itīs one thing my threrapist made me to promise to keep simple things in order and to not rush on too many things at the same time. And we all know that internet and social media (including message boards) can too easily take too much of time.

Iīm learning to balancing things, and good sleep is important. Summer is also the time in my area when the sun doesnīt set so it kinds of fools you to think you be awake all the time, because the light is everywhere.

OBF propably wants know if I have been fishing :-D . Yes I have been.

Things look good and Iīm returning to my normal social areas also on inet. Taking it carefully. There has been lessons I have needed to learn.

My best supporter, who happens to be my great wife has been amazing during this battle. I cannot even say... cannot even say. I think you understand.

But back here, my favourite place of all this electric world.

How are you guys? Let me know.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Addy
The Starman

PostSubject: Re: After suicide   Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:01 am

to answer that might need to make a new thread heh as i dont want to derail this one
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem

PostSubject: Re: After suicide   Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:14 am

Good to hear you are taking a break and spending time with family..I was worried about you..Its the mother in me I think..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: After suicide   Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:29 am

BloodDivine wrote:
OBF propably wants know if I have been fishing :-D . Yes I have been.

Fishing is good therapy. I'm glad you are taking things easy.

OBF

I have been doing fairly well. I've had the odd little "blip", but for the most part, things are positive.

View user profile
BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: After suicide   Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:27 pm

Eilene1015 wrote:
Good to hear you are taking a break and spending time with family..I was worried about you..Its the mother in me I think..

This is what I love in this small community. People think about each other.

Parenthood changes many things, the way you see the world etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: After suicide   Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:32 pm

onebigfish wrote:

OBF

I have been doing fairly well. I've had the odd little "blip", but for the most part, things are positive.

Fishing is. At the worst moments I didnīt even think about it. That was the time my wife was very worried Laughing

This summers best moments in fishing have been the moments when Iīve been teaching my older daughter to flyfish. She is very interested about it and waits for the moments when she can go with daddy. She will be my companion at the creeks in the future and I love it. My younger one doesnīt hold the same interest but with her we have other things to do together. Iīve been enjoying those moments.

Great to head you're doing ok OBF! That word "blib" didn't open to me though Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Addy
The Starman

PostSubject: Re: After suicide   Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:39 am

Quote :
Parenthood changes many things, the way you see the world etc.

You ain't kidding there, my daughter is 3 and I am still trying to come to terms with my perceptions on things and the world around me. Holy Crap on a cracker!!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: After suicide   Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:22 am

BloodDivine wrote:
onebigfish wrote:

OBF

Fishing is. At the worst moments I didnīt even think about it. That was the time my wife was very worried Laughing

This summers best moments in fishing have been the moments when Iīve been teaching my older daughter to flyfish. She is very interested about it and waits for the moments when she can go with daddy. She will be my companion at the creeks in the future and I love it. My younger one doesnīt hold the same interest but with her we have other things to do together. Iīve been enjoying those moments.

Great to head you're doing ok OBF! That word "blib" didn't open to me though Laughing

I imagine some words don't translate well. Here's a link to the definition of the word.
https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/blip

I think it's awesome that you are teaching your daughter to fly fish. It really is important for fathers to spend time with their daughters.

View user profile
Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem

PostSubject: Re: After suicide   Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:53 am

its important to have time with the kids to bond.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: After suicide   Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:13 pm

Eilene1015 wrote:
its important to have time with the kids to bond.

Yeah! Time passes by, and in a flash it's gone. Carpe diem, old frase but so true.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After suicide   

Back to top Go down

After suicide
Page 1 of 1