Depression got me

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Addy
The Starman

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:02 pm

onebigfish wrote:
That sounds like a pretty heavy load.  I'm glad you can at least shed some of it when you get home.

Especially when the kiddo pulls a stunt like saying a new word for the first time with just me around to witness and hear it those are always awesome

Eliene- No clue I think I need a full on complete change, job, finances, stress, diet, lifestyle, etc oh and a very long vacation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hrothgar
Polly Wants To Rock

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:56 pm

You definitely do need those changes. When everything stops working as it should then it's definitely time for changes.

I think I am in that boat too. I have been feeling over stressed and mentally fragile for a few months now and it is finally cracking me. I been under too much stress for too long, compounded with childhood traumas, PTSD from 6 years ago and having to carry the load for myself and others and the stress is killing me. I hate work and what I do when I used to love it and hate everything lately.

I definitely need big changes. A vacation followed by a change in finances, lifestyle, where I live, new career ect. Just a whole new life would be great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:22 am

Stress can certainly exacerbate depression/anxiety/any other form of mental illness.

View user profile
Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:35 am

I feel for all who suffer..I dont suffer, but I have/had family suffer and its hard
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BloodDivine
Skull & Bones & Rock N Roll

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Mon Apr 23, 2018 2:50 pm

I feel sad hearing your stories. I can relate to them. When you feel you have too much to carry, you are near the boundaries built up for human being to be a whole person. Stress doesnīt support productivity nor happiness.

I pray for you.

I have been feeling a lot better lately. I started sports-programme and been losing some weight. And that has been improving my wellfare.

Addy. Can you have a complete change? And if you canīt, what is the thing you can change? Can you start building something new brick by brick?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:54 pm

I find getting outdoors and getting some sunshine, fresh air, and activity helps me. It's something I need to do quite often.

View user profile
Addy
The Starman

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:44 am

That doesn't help me, when it gets warmer i start becoming a fancy feast for bugs between that and allergies outdoors is not a pleasant experience generally

As for the things I can change everything seems to be narrowed down to money. Money to take a vacation, money to improve my lifestyle, money to eat healthier (cuz it aint cheap), money to go back to school for training in what i want to do. The only one that is not money dependant is stress, i cant lessen the amt but ive been trying to handle stress better, i have no coping skills, very poor stress management maybe because its always like 6 to 7 things all at once. its never 1 or 2 things

Back to top Go down
View user profile
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:03 pm

Better stress management could allow you to deal with the other issues more effectively.

View user profile
BloodDivine
Skull & Bones & Rock N Roll

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Thu May 03, 2018 4:17 pm

Addy wrote:

As for the things I can change everything seems to be narrowed down to money.  Money to take a vacation, money to improve my lifestyle, money to eat healthier (cuz it aint cheap), money to go back to school for training in what i want to do.  The only one that is not money dependant is stress, i cant lessen the amt but ive been trying to handle stress better, i have no coping skills, very poor stress management maybe because its always like 6 to 7 things all at once. its never 1 or 2 things

Yeah. The money-issue is bad. I can relate to that. My being away from work happened from my wifes pocket. Iīm glad she carried that burden to help me back on my feet. It helped us to survive and to balance things. But I know that many people donīt have that option. Iīm also glad that our society where I live supports people who take therapy and gets counseling.

Is there any way you can take things a little slower and deal with lesser things at the same time?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   

Back to top Go down

Depression got me
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2