Rock Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of friendly discussion about music and other interests

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Depression got me

Go down 
+2
onebigfish
BloodDivine
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Warzawa
Mr Supersonic Guy
Warzawa

Depression got me - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Depression got me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 2:02 pm

onebigfish wrote:
That sounds like a pretty heavy load.  I'm glad you can at least shed some of it when you get home.

Especially when the kiddo pulls a stunt like saying a new word for the first time with just me around to witness and hear it those are always awesome

Eliene- No clue I think I need a full on complete change, job, finances, stress, diet, lifestyle, etc oh and a very long vacation
Back to top Go down
Hrothgar
Polly Wants To Rock
Hrothgar

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Depression got me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 12:56 pm

You definitely do need those changes. When everything stops working as it should then it's definitely time for changes.

I think I am in that boat too. I have been feeling over stressed and mentally fragile for a few months now and it is finally cracking me. I been under too much stress for too long, compounded with childhood traumas, PTSD from 6 years ago and having to carry the load for myself and others and the stress is killing me. I hate work and what I do when I used to love it and hate everything lately.

I definitely need big changes. A vacation followed by a change in finances, lifestyle, where I live, new career ect. Just a whole new life would be great.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Depression got me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 10:22 am

Stress can certainly exacerbate depression/anxiety/any other form of mental illness.

Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Depression got me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 10:35 am

I feel for all who suffer..I dont suffer, but I have/had family suffer and its hard
Back to top Go down
BloodDivine
Captain Crunch
Captain Crunch
BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Depression got me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 2:50 pm

I feel sad hearing your stories. I can relate to them. When you feel you have too much to carry, you are near the boundaries built up for human being to be a whole person. Stress doesn´t support productivity nor happiness.

I pray for you.

I have been feeling a lot better lately. I started sports-programme and been losing some weight. And that has been improving my wellfare.

Addy. Can you have a complete change? And if you can´t, what is the thing you can change? Can you start building something new brick by brick?

Back to top Go down
http://miikamanninen.net
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Depression got me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 3:54 pm

I find getting outdoors and getting some sunshine, fresh air, and activity helps me. It's something I need to do quite often.

Warzawa
Mr Supersonic Guy
Warzawa

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Depression got me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 6:44 am

That doesn't help me, when it gets warmer i start becoming a fancy feast for bugs between that and allergies outdoors is not a pleasant experience generally

As for the things I can change everything seems to be narrowed down to money. Money to take a vacation, money to improve my lifestyle, money to eat healthier (cuz it aint cheap), money to go back to school for training in what i want to do. The only one that is not money dependant is stress, i cant lessen the amt but ive been trying to handle stress better, i have no coping skills, very poor stress management maybe because its always like 6 to 7 things all at once. its never 1 or 2 things

Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Depression got me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2018 12:03 pm

Better stress management could allow you to deal with the other issues more effectively.

BloodDivine
Captain Crunch
Captain Crunch
BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Depression got me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2018 4:17 pm

Addy wrote:

As for the things I can change everything seems to be narrowed down to money.  Money to take a vacation, money to improve my lifestyle, money to eat healthier (cuz it aint cheap), money to go back to school for training in what i want to do.  The only one that is not money dependant is stress, i cant lessen the amt but ive been trying to handle stress better, i have no coping skills, very poor stress management maybe because its always like 6 to 7 things all at once. its never 1 or 2 things

Yeah. The money-issue is bad. I can relate to that. My being away from work happened from my wifes pocket. I´m glad she carried that burden to help me back on my feet. It helped us to survive and to balance things. But I know that many people don´t have that option. I´m also glad that our society where I live supports people who take therapy and gets counseling.

Is there any way you can take things a little slower and deal with lesser things at the same time?

Back to top Go down
BloodDivine
Captain Crunch
Captain Crunch
BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Depression got me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 1:26 pm

Hey! Back here. I have now returned fully to working and that is the reason I took hiatus from other web-activity.

I was offered the possibility to co-write a book about eSports and I took the chance. I´ve been writing it and my own parts are almost done. I also decided to slow other things around to keep focus and not to go hyper-drive and get myself to the "noose" again. Keeping it simple. Family first, the job and good sleeping.

That keeps me in good shape. I continue the therapy. My therapist is very happy about my recovery and she asked me whether I want to continue to it or to stop it, and I decided to continue it until next august.
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Depression got me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 13, 2019 3:32 pm

The gym traded my depression in for something good, a new addiction of sorts.
Back to top Go down
Warzawa
Mr Supersonic Guy
Warzawa

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Depression got me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2019 7:14 am

Thats good Jim, I've never been able to feel good or enjoy excercise despite the many many attempts ive made over the years.

I've actually not been taking my anti-depressants for about a month, mistake there im picking up my refills for them today, lately I have been feeling increasingly depressed , most things not interesting me anymore, just feeling bleh but I have been feeling this way even before i ran out of meds. I didn't consciously stop i just ran out and got lazy bout getting a refill.

on the plus side I have been making some dietary changes, but feeling discouraged there too, anyways Depression is very real and alive for me
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Depression got me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2019 10:37 am

I've been hit by the anxiety and depression the last few days. I have no idea why it comes on sometimes. My body just feels odd, I get lightheadedness, chills, sweats, etc. I wish I knew why.

Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Depression got me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 14, 2019 6:51 pm

Not to try and drive home anything, but I have taken myself off of my meds for approximately four months now. I have UBER-BAD days every couple months. But when I first joined the gym, I thought "OH GOD, I just threw away money". But I toughed it out the first week. I noticed a small difference. The next week, I was becoming excited for my every other day time in the gym. The first month went by and I was comfortable in my new addiction and my new "church" away from church. I am growing quite fond of the compliments, weight loss, strength, energy, and lack of pain and sadness that came with my workouts. When I moved to Ohio here, I was in a size 58 pants. I am down now to where my week old 46 pants are falling off, Had to order a web belt today from online. I have focus of mind and a drive to make my temple strong and clean. It's like God Himself fills the gym as my morning prayers comes with every set, rep, and machine/weight. I get more in tune with God at the gym than at Church sometimes. Anyway, this is how it is... Sorry it was so long but I am so excited about this and would urge everyone to give it a month and check out the difference!
Back to top Go down
Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem
Eilene1015

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Depression got me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2019 8:23 am

Thats great panzer..Keep up the good work..Im proud of you.
Back to top Go down
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman
onebigfish

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Depression got me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2019 8:33 am

Wow, that's great Jim!

Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Depression got me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2019 12:41 pm

Thanx my friends! now if I can just find a way to regrow my hair
Back to top Go down
Warzawa
Mr Supersonic Guy
Warzawa

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Depression got me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2019 2:29 pm

Im glad you found something that works for ya

Everybodys different , different things will work for different people
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Depression got me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 15, 2019 4:27 pm

Yea.
Back to top Go down
BloodDivine
Captain Crunch
Captain Crunch
BloodDivine

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Depression got me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 3:48 am

Panzer wrote:
Thanx my friends! now if I can just find a way to regrow my hair

Real men wear skin Laughing

This is what I keep telling myself. I started to lose hair under thirties and been baldhead since.

But keep up your gym. It sounds absolutely fantastic for you.
Back to top Go down
Panzer
Saved
Panzer

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Depression got me - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 16, 2019 4:12 am

It is really just more than a "Jim" thing LOL. Working out is a scientific method that God programmed into our body for our benefit. It's sometimes hard to achieve that "afterglow" feeling after a good workout, but it IS possible and feels dang good LOL.
Endorphins and Depression.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Depression got me   Depression got me - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Depression got me
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2