HomeGalleryFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Greatest personalities in rock´n roll

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
BloodDivine
Polly Wants To Rock

PostSubject: Greatest personalities in rock´n roll   Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:44 pm

Who are the greatest personalities in rock´n roll? And I include all forms of heavy metal part of the "rock´n roll.

My first choice would be Mr. Lemmy Kilmister of Motörhead.

Why? He was real. I remember interviewing Lemmy few years back. I have to say few things about that.
1. I´ve never heard one cussing like that.
2. But beyond that he was the most polite rockstar I´ve ever met. Surprisingly.
3. He had a huge heart. He took care of his crew like they were his brothers and sisters.
4. He was 100% honest and humble. There was no rockstar kind of attitude.

In comparison. I interviewed after that one local rising star. That one had never written an own song, but was singing producers songs. He thought that he is the head of the world after having a little airplay in the radio. Instead being huge he lowered himself small.

Lemmy was different. I admire the charisma and integrity he had. He never gave up on trends. He did what he wanted. To him it was not about fame, it was about rock´n roll. And that is the reason he gained respect.

I don´t glorify the lifestyle. Drinking bottle of Jack per day and chainsmoking 3 packs of Malrboro per day isn´t the healthiest way to live. But it is the part of the package.

To me he is the most influental rock personality.

But who is yours? Share the story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
criss3o
The Screamer

PostSubject: Re: Greatest personalities in rock´n roll   Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:03 pm

Alice Cooper!

Though I have never met him, he is about as genuine as you can get!
He is honest about his past and his beliefs but he does not shove it down others throats!
Great sense of humor but also smart!
He also does alot of charity work!

I just think he is an awesome cool guy and would LOVE to meet him!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze

PostSubject: Re: Greatest personalities in rock´n roll   Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:53 pm

Of the living I'd have to go with Brian May from Queen.

Besides begin an innovative guitarist and songwriter, the guy also has a PhD in astrophysics.  He even has an asteroid named after him.  May is also an animal rights activist but not in the crazy PETA sense.  

But to me one of the greatest personalities in RnR was his former lead singer Freddie Mercury.  That guy was not only a great vocalist and theatrical frontman but he also was super intelligent.  Listen to the song "Fairy Feller's Master Stroke" from Queen II.  Makes no sense does it.  Until you learn that it's based on a painting by Richard Dadd and the lyrics actually describe various characters in the painting.  Mercury dragged all the members of the band to an art museum to see the painting so they'd understand what he was singing about.

I don't think we'll ever see another rock singer like Freddie Mercury. The guy could sing absolutely anything. He would have blown away the competition in any of the "singing competition shows" that became popular long after he'd passed on. He truly was one of a kind in my book.

- Albert Schweitzer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BloodDivine
Polly Wants To Rock

PostSubject: Re: Greatest personalities in rock´n roll   Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:08 pm

Toho. Freddie Mercury would be my second choice. Show must go on gives me always chills.

He was perfect singer, and left the world just too early.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Addy
The Starman

PostSubject: Re: Greatest personalities in rock´n roll   Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:53 am

agree 10000% about Freddie Mercury in fact my brother mentions to me yesterday Queen is going to be in CT and Im like you mean the guys in queen and Adam Lambert? Queen is not Queen without Freddie he was a showman, a one of a kind and larger than life. Taken from us way too soon....

I would add Jim Morrison to the list of Rock Personalties
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: Greatest personalities in rock´n roll   Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:05 am

I'm not sure they are all the greatest personalities in rock 'n roll, but if I go by three that I'd like to meet and sit down and have a talk with, it would be Alice Cooper, Dave Mustaine, and Blackie Lawless.

View user profile Online
Eilene1015
Jammin' Jem

PostSubject: Re: Greatest personalities in rock´n roll   Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:47 am

I heard Ronnie James Dio was a great guy too
Back to top Go down
View user profile
onebigfish
Metal Fisherman

PostSubject: Re: Greatest personalities in rock´n roll   Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:53 am

I heard that as well.

View user profile Online
MoonChild
Guru of True Metal

PostSubject: Re: Greatest personalities in rock´n roll   Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:03 am

Jimmy Page.

And personally Angus Young and Ian Gillan too.

This is a personal view on what they are and their charisma. :) Do not know more on what and how they are socially otherwise.

Polly Wants To Rock

PostSubject: Re: Greatest personalities in rock´n roll   Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:20 pm

I think I want to add to my list David Bowie.
He was one of the rare "ageless" musicians there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
criss3o
The Screamer

PostSubject: Re: Greatest personalities in rock´n roll   Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:10 pm

David Bowie and John Lennon would hands down top my list if I were to include the diseased!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Addy
The Starman

PostSubject: Re: Greatest personalities in rock´n roll   Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:19 am

the diseased? LOL sorry but thats funny bud

I would have loved to see more music by those two together, and Bowie and Mercury.

Such a loss of larger than life personalities and talent
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BloodDivine
Polly Wants To Rock

PostSubject: Re: Greatest personalities in rock´n roll   Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:33 am

Mercury´s gone, Bowie´s gone, Lemmy´s gone.

We are talking a lot of dead ones here. Is it so that the personalities are gone and there isn´t ones anymore??

Is the modern music business gone in a way that the real characters just don´t have a change but "plastic" one time wonders are what we´ll get.

OBF mentioned Mustaine, Alice Cooper etc.. but those guys are soon to be gone. They have started their careers ages ago.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MoonChild
Guru of True Metal

PostSubject: Re: Greatest personalities in rock´n roll   Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:05 am

Modern music, mostly, is business :) That is why we still love 60's70's and 80's.

The Screamer

PostSubject: Re: Greatest personalities in rock´n roll   Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:23 pm

BloodDivine wrote:
Mercury´s gone, Bowie´s gone, Lemmy´s gone.

We are talking a lot of dead ones here. Is it so that the personalities are gone and there isn´t ones anymore??

Is the modern music business gone in a way that the real characters just don´t have a change but "plastic" one time wonders are what we´ll get.

OBF mentioned Mustaine, Alice Cooper etc.. but those guys are soon to be gone. They have started their careers ages ago.

All true! I just personally was focusing on the living as I wanted to be positive and I stick by Alice and add Mustaine and do not believe they will be gone soon! Just try to be optimistic here! I love all the artists mentioned in this post!

I could list some younger ones with proper ideals and strength but I think you would all slam thier music!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greatest personalities in rock´n roll   

Back to top Go down

Greatest personalities in rock´n roll
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1