Rock Island
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place of friendly discussion about music and other interests

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?

Go down 
+8
Panzer
PaganSavior777
exact33
onebigfish
criss3o
Ricky
tohostudios
Warzawa
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Warzawa
Mr Supersonic Guy
Warzawa

What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Empty
PostSubject: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 01, 2009 8:36 am

the 2009 version
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 02, 2009 4:20 pm

"Stuck"

The latest from former horror maestro Stuart Gordon (Reanimator, From Beyond, Dagon). I say "former" because this is the second one in a row that isn't horror, coming on the heels of the excellent and violent "King Of The Ants".

"Stuck" is based on the true story from several years ago. A nurse hit a homeless person driving home and the guy got stuck in her windshield. She managed to get home without being seen and she left the car and the guy, still alive, in the garage for days.

Great performances in this one. The guy playing the homeless person is great!

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 5:57 pm

renting Eureka from netflix :)

Alex
Back to top Go down
Warzawa
Mr Supersonic Guy
Warzawa

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 6:02 pm

Havent bought any movies yet this year but Ive rented today "The Dark Knight", Horton Hears a Who and The Mummy Tomb of the Dragon Emperor
Back to top Go down
Ricky
Rock Island Posting Master Junkie
Ricky

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2009 11:28 pm

I got the Dark Knight
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/ricky.miller3

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2009 12:14 pm

Iron Man
Dark Knight
Never Back Down
Flags of our Fathers
Skin Walkers
The Covenant
House Seasons 1-3
Reba Seasons 1-5
Immortal
Minority Report

to name a few
Back to top Go down
Warzawa
Mr Supersonic Guy
Warzawa

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:14 am

Ive yet to buy a DVD this year
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:26 am

so far ive bought around 30

love going to block buster and movie gallery and buying up their new movies for cheap

40 bucks gets you 6-8 dvds that would cost you at wal mart or somewhere else 70 --80
Back to top Go down
Warzawa
Mr Supersonic Guy
Warzawa

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:28 am

problem with me and my wife is if we go and get dvds we end up spending 100+

not to mention we went on a massive splurge in december

I now have 3 seasons of my fav show The west wing

2, 4 and 6
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:30 am

lol ya i go once a pay check with 50 bucks for dvds normally last me until the next check.
Back to top Go down
Warzawa
Mr Supersonic Guy
Warzawa

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:35 am

things are tight with me, my workflow is down big time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:43 am

Only dvd I've bought this year is "Spiderwick Chronicles" for my son.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:44 am

I tend to buy a LOT more cds than dvds. I guess I'm more into music than movies.
Back to top Go down
Warzawa
Mr Supersonic Guy
Warzawa

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:46 am

I find picking out movies is easier for me than music, but now i got a list of music to get.... last year there were only 3 albums I was waiting for and 2 of them I got for Christmas heh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 11:47 am

Man, there are thousands of CDs I want LOL!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:00 pm

i kinda got out of collecting them converted most of my stuff all to digital now.
Back to top Go down
Warzawa
Mr Supersonic Guy
Warzawa

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:02 pm

I like both Digital and CDs I got bout 5k of songs on my PC

bout 800 cds

I know i want some ACDC, some Iron Maiden, Didos newest and The Violet Burning's "Chosen" other than that right now thats it for me for music until the new megadeth comes out

Books and Movies now I can spend some cash on easily
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:03 pm

Oh I could never do that. Not having the hard copy to me is not owning the music.
Back to top Go down
Warzawa
Mr Supersonic Guy
Warzawa

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:07 pm

I admit alot of what i have digitally is stuff i ripped from my CDs, but having it on the PC I can take out all the filler crap and make a CD that wont make me want to skip tracks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:16 pm

I know this one guy here who lost his Ipod. I guess it was stolen.

He lost his whole music collection LOL!

Too bad he didn't have hard copies in that case.

But I have to have the real deal. Otherwise I feel jipped.
Back to top Go down
Warzawa
Mr Supersonic Guy
Warzawa

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:23 pm

Oh I wouldnt do that, I have mine on the secondary HDD on the system so if windows crashed i could reinstall windows and my music would be fine id like to get an external HDD and just move all the music files to there. In fact I oughta back mine up somehow just in case
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:37 pm

ive got mine backed up twice and im using a differential backup every night so i only copy over whats been changed.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 2:29 pm

Saw V (unrated, director's cut)

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2009 5:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Saw V (unrated, director's cut)

aint they beat that dead horse enough yet ?

lol
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 5:34 pm

Actually, I really like what they're doing with the series. There's an overarching story arc over the whole thing. They go back and explain things from earlier entries in the series.

It's gotten to the point where if you haven't seen the earlier Saws, you won't have any idea what's going on. I can't remember a horror franchise that did this before.

In fact, I've started rewatching Saw IV just so V will make sense.

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 12:18 pm

Just bought these:

The Hannibal Lector Collection Box Set
The Pledge
and
The Aviator
Back to top Go down
criss3o
The Screamer
criss3o

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 6:14 am

I haven't gotten any in a while but way up on my wish list is the Quantum Leap TV Series!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:02 am

I just spent a bunch of money again LOL!!!

I bought these:

Dungeons and Dragons (THE COMPLETE 3 SEASONS!)

I can't wait to watch these with my son. This was my favorite cartoon as a kid!!!

I also got:

CSI: (the complete first season)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
Sleaze Pleaze
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:04 am

I'm trying to decide if I want to get the complete Star Trek TNG set or the complete Stargate SG1 set.

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2009 10:38 am

Get the Star Trek TNG! I really want to pick that one up too.

I also want the original Star Trek series on DVD. You have that Toho?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?   What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What DVDs Have You Recently Bought or Got?
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next